We book this hotel as a package deal with a flight few weeks before the trip and so was happy to be able to go on holidays with such a short notice. However there was a price to pay for it.
- close to the beach (5min walking), close to the money exchange point
- rooms cleaned everyday
- nice/funny hotel staff
- little store at the site - helps avoiding being stalked by couple of bumsters when going to the supermarket; hotel store can also be open at request
- away from Serekunda (main street with night life) which with the bumsters makes it a must to get a taxi every time you want to go for a dinner which means you have to negotiate the price with the driver (from 700 to 250 Dalasis).
- bumsters (beach boys) are waiting right in front of the hotel doors and so there is no way to avoid them
- quality/ hygiene of breakfest is very low or would say it's at the camping level (e.g. eggs shells are being thrown on the ground once the egg is on the frying pen- eggs are made in front of you
- the local cesspool is just accross the street of the hotel (50m)
- no moskito net provided (luckily we had our own)
- expensive and slow internet in the hotel (the internet quota that was supposed to last 24h when it lasted for 2hs of reading articles online)
- heard woman screeming and running out of one of the hotel rooms at night
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With over 10 years of ownership and 30 years of management experience, the recently refurbished Badala Park Hotel is renowned throughout the Gambia, as well as Africa, Europe, USA and by travelers worldwide.Less than thirty minutes transfer time from the Gambian Yundum International Airport and you will always be greeted in our large cool reception and lounge area after your travels, on arrival at the friendly Badala Park Hotel with the friendliest staff in the Gambia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Jovago.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Badala Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badala Park Kotu
- Badala Park Hotel Kotu
- Badala Park Gambia/Kotu