Ezile Bay Village
US$170
African Rainbow Resort(Busua)(Great Value!)
US$47
Jumia Travel
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Takoradi Select(Sekondi-Takoradi)
US$176
Melody Hotel(Sekondi-Takoradi)
TripAdvisor
Abuesi Beach Resort(Sekondi-Takoradi)
Jumia Travel
All reviewsezile baybeautiful beachperfect placepalm treesmangrove forestloved every minutefrench ladymy friendbusua innin advancecapepointsparadisedanielleaccommodationcoastvillage
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My friend and I found this hidden small piece of candy land from Busua Inn. We spent a day there swimming and surfing. The water is clean, and the sands are really soft, not to mention the natural, uncivilized view of the bay itself. The food resembles throne in Busua Inn. Chips are handmade and the cassava leaves salad tastes fresh and interesting. It's a great place for getaway if you do not mind not using electronics for couple days. Do walk to your right (facing the sea) through the jungle to another steeper, smaller beach right below the cliff. It was also beautiful, yet occupied (conjecture). Must do: keep the dogs away from the cats.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tony Q
Olivbusua, Propriétaire at Ezile Bay Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you Tony for this lovely report. It was nice to welcome you and your friend at Ezile Bay. Come back ASAP!
Greetings from paradise.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Owned by a hugely welcoming and lovely French couple, Danielle and Olivier, I cannot rate this place highly enough. Set in one of the most beautiful spots I came across in Ghana, it really is a little piece of paradise. The chalets are clean and beds very comfortable, all with ensuite bathroom - running showers and flushing toilets (a real treat). Some newly built dormitory's are also available for those on a budget.

Danielle has had some great ideas in the kitchen and brings a twist to some more traditional dishes. With access to what is really your own private beach, you can also walk through the palm tree lined property to the back where you can look at the beautiful mangroves. Easy access to Busua if you fancy a day's surfing, or walking distance from Cape 3 points, there is plenty to keep you entertained.

I absolutely adore this place. If you are in Ghana, don't miss out.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Definitely the place to go whenever you have a 2/3 days break: farniente in an awesome environment! Simply beautiful.
Far from the city, its technology, its pollution, its noise...
You should try it!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank SistaHTakoradi
Reviewed 14 December 2012

My last review a few years ago was 'I've found paradise'

Now what do I say?

I had four days away from the world, my phone worked when I felt like walking to the hill on the edge of the bay & e-mails were something to forget about!

Stunning location with more character this time, the whole property is well-kept, the rooms are as they were before, clean, functional & not having power all the time was a bonus from my point of view.

I slept like I'd never slept before, woken by the sound of waves on the beach a few metres from my door. I ate like I was at some 'foodie' restaurant, on the beach with an oil lamp tasting some wonderful dishes prepared by Danielle & her team.

Wandered off to the village Ketakor with Rapido the very soppy dog with me taking my time along the cliff overlooking the next beach & walking back along the beach & up to the promontory to find a group of men having a meeting with lots of smiles.

I will go back again, I doubt I'll be able to find more words to express how amazing this place is; possibly it should be kept a secret from the world!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Ezile Bay Village is a small resort owned by French couple Olivier and Danielle Funfschilling and on Ghana's Western Regional coast not far from the famed Cape Three Points. It is a real bay formed between two promontories projecting into the sea. There are a number of chalets on the property and an open-walled, large restaurant that serves fine dishes. There are tables and chairs at the beachside, affording a really exquisite view of the bay and Akwidaa Village not far away.

The water is lovely and a Boogey board is available for surfing. Portions of the seabed are a little rocky however, so be careful not to stub a toe or otherwise hurt yourself if you go in to bathe. At night, electricity is provided to the chalets by a generator, which runs a fan in your room. There's a shower and flush toilet. The chalets are basically comfortable, not luxurious.

Apart from bathing, you can hike in several directions - up onto a high peninsula with a stunning vista, to Akwidaa, or to the remains of a 17th century German Fort in a forested area beyond Akwidaa. I would also recommend going to Cape Three Points village 8 km away and taking in the view from the working lighthouse, truly one of the most spectacular I've seen anywhere.

Danielle and Olivier will see to your comfort and help you with any questions or concerned. Although my time there was short, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo