We stayed for one night only travelling up the lakeshore road to Mzuzu and on to Karonga. As others have pointed out this isn't in Nkhata Bay but just north of Dwangwa. Nevertheless it is in a beautiful setting and the rooms in particular, in A frame chalets, are terrific. Huge beds, enormous walk in showers, no TV, very comfortable chairs and all overlooking the gardens and the lake.
Dinner and breakfast were both excellent, prepared and served with care. Lovely staff, all very helpful.
All in all, highly recommended and I'd love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our luxury accommodation and friendly personal service with stunning views of both the lake and Vipya Mountains. Ngala Lodge is one of the only places on the lake that offers a view of both sunrise and sunset over the water. The spacious accommodation will ensure comfort and privacy.The accommodation comprises: • 2 x Deluxe A-frames with private verandas which overlook the beach and lake and offer guests privacy and comfort and feature a private garden. Each room has en-suite bathroom, sitting area and coffee and tea station. 1 x Deluxe A-frame with 2 bedrooms, lounge area and private veranda. Also overlooking the lake this accommodation offers personal space and privacy. •6 x Executive Rooms with private verandas. All of these rooms feature en-suite bathrooms, sitting areas and coffee and tea stations. They overlook expansive gardens to the infinity pool and lake beyond.Our friendly trained staff will attend to your every need; we at Ngala pride ourselves on providing the highest levels of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Ngala Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngala Beach Hotel Nkhata Bay
- Ngala Beach Lodge Malawi/Nkhata Bay