Despite the challenges in getting there, we successfully travelled to Inhaca and stayed with Pestana. It was well worth the effort - don't be deterred by finding a way across the bay to the island.
the hotel has little chalets, some joined and some duplex, they are very nice, and the walls are well sound proofed. You can book meals included (we had breakfast and dinner and took soups and power bars for lunch, there is a restaurant next door, pretty expensive) and the food is very nice. Evenings there are selections of meat and fish and shellfish, sometimes on a grill, delicious.
Manager was helpful with some problems we had with our travel arrangements, and was very kind.
Travel. There are ferries running most days (the Government ferry, Meticais 400 each ($15) runs on the weekend and on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.) There is a also another ferry, Vodacom, with some overlapping days. Once on the island, they have a speedboat ($600) if you are stuck, and there are chartered planes, but finding them was almost impossible for me, using the net.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the beach front, amongst coconut palm groves and luxuriant tropical vegetation, Pestana Inhaca Lodge is famous for its wonderful gardens, food and its warm hospitality. The island is a secure and quiet location that is a port of call for yachts, sailing boats and cruise ships seeking out a tropical option in the turquoise and crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inhaca Island has been protected since 1976 and still boasts huge areas of untouched vegetation and expanses of velvety water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pestana Inhaca Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Inhaca Hotel Inhaca Island
- Pestana Inhaca Island Hotel
- Inhaca Hotel
- Pestana Inhaca Island Resort