“loved it”

Archipelago Resort
Los Angeles, California
“loved it”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Archipelago Resort is beautiful, has everything you need, and is staffed by friendly and helpful people. I stayed a week and loved it! (Especially the Malva pudding!)

The beds were comfortable, the casas were very inviting and cleaned every day. No loud noises and a charming design made the stay quite nice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The lodges are very spacious, clean and well styled. I stayed a week and felt very safe as numerous security men patrol the grounds and entrances to the site. The beach is lovely and we found a variety of shells there including some collectable ones like the sand dollar.
Im veggie which didnt leave much option on the menu but the hosts did their best to come up with different dishes specially for me each night

• Stayed September 2013
Inhambane, Mozambique
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I've stayed at this palmy, seaside resort a number of time over the years. Last month I headed there again, curious to see how the place is faring. It's no different than its been in the past (lovely setting, well-kept, attentive staff, good food and drink). What motivates me to do a refresher review was another, more recent review - describing Archipelago as basically a dump, with an indifferent staff, and buggy accommodations. Well. That wasn't my experience by a long shot. The casas are lovely - spacious, stylish, airy. I was there apparently two weeks prior to the negative reviewer's visit and saw only a gekko on the ceiling. No infestation of flying critters. Its true the resort is a few kms from town, but Vilanculos itself isn't all that appealing a town. Chibuene, where Archipelago is located, is superior location - better swimming, more relaxing, and safer. I was dumbfounded to read that the staff showed zero interest in guest activities. I was offered fishing, snorkeling, diving, horse riding, and as much hard drinking as I could tolerate. My five days there flew by. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Hillcrest, South Africa
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Whilst I did not actually stay at this resort I spent much time at the resort. The situation is spectacular with the most glorious view out over the archipelago from most of the Casa's. The bar and restaurant staff were very friendly and attentive and the food quite delicious. I cannot wait to return with my family.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My family stayed at Archipelago in July and I was blown away by what a beautiful resort this is. Archipelago is perched on the top of a hill right next to the beach which affords it the most spectacular views of the sea and islands. If you are lucky enough to get a seaview casa, you can enjoy this view from your outside deck. The resort bar and dining room is lovely and welcoming and the food is excellent. The casas are large, clean and comfortable. The beach is just what you would expect from Mozambique - wide and long, with soft sand and dotted with palm trees. A great place for a relaxing family get-away.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Castille26
Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 29 July 2013

what an amazing honeymoon we were able to share at this beautiful cozy resort!! We were greeted by amazing views good food and cozy romantic chalets. I was amazed at the good prices and outstanding service we received from the staff. Our chalet was cozy dim lit and romatic as any honeymoon should be! We spent days either at the pool or on the secluded beach with no one around to bother us. We were also able to do many activities from romantic horse rides down the beach at sunset to dow trips to the islands where we were able to snorkel and swim with spectacular views of under water life. Nights were spent at the bar chatting and watching the moon rise over the water with friendly and great service not only form the kitchen but also from the bar for this I must say thanks to Norman and Freda Higgs for their outstanding hospitality and going out of their way to assure we were happy and comfortable at all times!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I have just spent a quiet "getaway" at Archipelago Resort for our wedding anniversary. We loved every minute of it. The chalets (casas) are roomy and comfortable and have breath-taking views of the ocean (book early to get a sea view casa). We often ate in the resort restaurant and their seafood and local 2M beers became our favourite! We also made a few trips to the small Vilanculos town to eat at other restaurants. It is about a 15 minute trip and we liked the Kilimanjaro coffee shop and the bars on the beach.

The days were warm and we enjoyed an unforgettable dhow trip to the islands. We have never seen such unspoilt beauty. The evenings can be chilly so we did wrap up when necessary. Archipelago is not expensive and because of that we are wanting to return in October when it will be much warmer. And we were told that October is the month when they have special low prices.

Thank you to all the wonderful staff who were so helpful and friendly. Roll on October!

Room Tip: try to get a sea view casa for breath-taking views. The view from the bar and restaurant are equall...