“One night honeymoon to remember!!!”
Review of Le Chambord Hotel

Le Chambord Hotel
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I researched le chambord since I live 5 mins away. For a one night stay they had an amazing package running that was a one night stay, a 5 course meal, champagne, and chocolates in your room. The room wasn't over the top but the food was to die for me and my new husband were so impressed. I'm writing this in my room before breakfast!!!! We will definitely come here again!

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Our wedding at Le Chambord on August 12, 2011 was absolutely amazing! It was a perfect day and we couldn’t have been happier with all the delicious food and service. Many thanks to the entire staff…especially to Roy and Rob they were both wonderful. We (and all our guests) were very impressed! Rob, our maitre d', was an absolute pleasure to work with. He couldn’t have been more attentive, professional and polite.
Our wedding day went so smoothly and Rob made sure that there was nothing we had to worry about. We had our ceremony and cocktail hour right outside in the beautiful, covered pavilion. The food at the cocktail hour was delicious and plentiful. The grounds were beautifully maintained and we were able to get some fantastic photos!
Many of our out of town guests stayed overnight in the Tara building. The rooms were very nice, quaint and clean and also included a very nice breakfast the following morning.
The reception was held in the beautiful ballroom. All the food was delicious and the service was great. Everyone had a fabulous time!
Even though our wedding was over 3 months ago, we are still getting many compliments from our friends and family on the good time, the great food and the fabulous atmosphere at Le Chambord. It was a day we’ll never forget and we can’t wait to go back again for dinner and an overnight stay! We highly recommend Le Chambord.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank LisaSCarmel
Reviewed 14 November 2011

It is a very lax atmosphere at Le Chambord. Rooms were clean, but bathrooms desperately need to be updated. The drinks were expensive considering the location of the Inn. The staff was very accomodating. There is not really a service bar on the property which would have been nice to have a few glasses of wine and appetizers. Breakfast leaves something more to be desired. Hike on the rail trail was very nice. As far as the rooms, they are paper thin. If you are put on the bottom floor, make sure it is away from the front door. We heard everything / people coming in and out.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor away from the entrance would be much quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank gabriellep
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Our group had an unexpected stay at this lovely old-fashioned inn while attending a wedding reception during the October 29 snow storm. Despite the power outage, the staff at Le Chambord were able to serve delicious meals and made sure that all guests were comfortable during their stay. Don't miss the cozy pub on the bottom floor, with a big fireplace and sofas. We would recommend this inn for any special event, a nice dinner, or a weekend in the Hudson Valley.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank DecoGd
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was lost in a freak October snowstorm and happened upon Le Chambord, which was already full to capacity and hosting a large wedding party. With no recourse as all area roads were closed, I threw myself on their mercy and have never been so lucky. I was served a succulent meal in the only available area, a lovely sunken bar with lovely couches, a roaring fireplace, and an accommodating waiter, who often left his busy station to check on me. Though they lost power, the food never stopped and the candle lighting only served to make the atmosphere more cozy. Not to be outdone, somehow they found me a cot and a place to spend the night -- refusing to enforce payment. I cannot wait to go back. You should all go, too. What a terrific spot!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank BrentMcK
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I was recently a guest of the hotel for my 20 year high school reunion. The reunion itself was also held there in their banquet hall. The food, venue, and service were all outstanding. It was an idyllic setting for our mid-October event. We had a fantastic time and were allowed to focus on why we were there and each other as opposed to logistical issues. Everything appeared to run seamlessly. (It was a cash bar that did not take credit cars and there was no ATM on site - more of an issue for some of my class mates who didn't come "packing.")
The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The grounds were in excellent condition. I typically prefer urbane, contemporary style but this was a nice quaint and charming change. We were all treated courteously and with respect. All in all, I think it is an outstanding place to hold a classy event.

Room Tip: Book early if booking in the fall.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Perfect value as a place to sleep while visiting relatives nearby. The room was neat and tidy. Breakfast, while included, was nothing spectacular. At least there was ham and cheese in addition to the standard croissants, muffins, cereal, and coffee. Everyone was very friendly. Im sure this would be a nice place to have a wedding.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
#2 of 14 in Fishkill
HYATT house Fishkill/Poughkeepsie
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9

Been to Le Chambord Hotel? Share your experiences!