“Horrible customer service during wedding weekend”
Review of Le Chambord Hotel

Le Chambord Hotel
Reviewed 1 February 2014

A large group of us were staying at the Le Chambord for a wedding held there that weekend. The surroundings and hotel looked quaint when we drove up, but when we entered the inn, there was no one to greet us or check us in. When we finally did get someone to check us in, there was no welcome, and no instructions were given regarding the inn, room location or breakfast times. She instead curtly asked us our names, barely scanned a handwritten room list, and then handed us our keys to two rooms. We then settled in our rooms and left for dinner. However, while we were out, we got multiple calls from other friends trying to check in who told us that the inn staff was accusing us of "stealing and switching rooms" and blaming us for the confusion for the entire party. When we got back to the inn, we chose not to say anything to the inn staff and management as most of our friends had gotten rooms. However, one more couple arrived later that evening and again, we got a call from this couple, saying that check-in DOWNSTAIRS was having a hard time finding a room as they said we had switched rooms without asking and taken the couple's room. This was the 4th time our friends were reporting such things being said about us. At this point, we were very upset about this accusation, so I went downstairs to clarify the situation.

As a service industry, one would think the hotel staff and management would listen to their customers. We had only checked in and gone to the rooms given to us by someone who obviously was careless and did not care about her job. When I tried to explain the situation, an inn staff member again accused us of causing problems with check-in that day for the ENTIRE inn, which I again tried to clarify. Only when another staff member stepped in did I ever hear the faintest of apologies (if you can even call it one).

Yes, the wedding was beautiful and seemed to go off without a hitch that weekend. Yes, we enjoyed seeing old friends from all across the U.S. But the whole incident left a bad taste. When we checked out later that weekend, we never did get any type of real apology or some type of acknowledgement of the distress they caused our entire group. Le Chambord caused this entire situation themselves. There's a cardinal rule in the service industry: "The customer is always right". Too bad this establishment doesn't understand this. t have never had such awful customer service at a hotel or inn as we experienced at the Le Chambord.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My finace and I had a lovely weekend stay at Le Chambord. The room was big, the bed was comfy and the staff out of this world. We were there for a birthday weekend and had a great time! Thanks for the weekend!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Wedding: 10/13/13
JNamr: Jenni and Levon
I believe it was fate that brought us to this place! The day I decided I needed a new wedding venue; I get a package from them in the mail. We live in Staten Island which is a 2 hour commute from the venue, but as soon as we saw the property we knew it was the one.
We wanted a small, charming autumn wedding and Le Chambord surely delivered! Let me just say that you get so much for such a reasonable price: ceremony venue, cocktail hour, amazing food, open bar, flowers and a beautiful wedding cake – not to mention that the newlyweds get to stay the night for free!
My friends and family are still talking about what an amazing wedding it was.
Roy, the owner is such a fun adorable no nonsense guy. Unlike other wedding vendors, he doesn’t try to oversell and gives you all the options. They also have very good vendor’s recommendations who were equally excellent. Le Chambord only hosts one wedding per day, and the staff is really dedicated to making sure your special day is 100% perfect.
The day of you get your own personal Maitre’ D aka Joe aka LIVE SAVER. He really is truly wonderful and was available via phone or text anytime I needed him. He is the man who keeps the show running smoothly, from handling the personal décor I had wanted set up, to the timing of the wedding. He kept us on track and where we had to be. He also had a glass of champagne ready anytime I needed one (which was a lot).
The food was wonderful – way better than your normal wedding fare. I am so happy I got to eat.
The icing on the cake literally was the cake. With all the wedding packages, Le Chambord includes a wedding cake. You get to meet with Annette, the baker to develop your very own custom cake (design, flavors - you name it. ) We went with a white velvet cake, with a chocolate ganache and amaretto cheesecake layer. It was DECICLOUIS!
PRO’s – All the in-house services, limits the use of vendors, free wedding cake, the guest rooms are amazing and huge, most have couches, some pull out couches, free breakfast, Roy, and Joe.
Con’s – Website and pictures do not do this place justice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2013

What a lovely place for a wedding. The setting was beautiful, the food was incredible and the hotel rooms, while old, were clean , spacious, and very comfortable. The included breakfast meal was served European style and included a wonderful selection of foods..certainly an ample amount of savory and sweets. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent also. The staff was very helpful in guiding us around the area so we were able to tour neighboring towns and attractions.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator, a lower floor room is preferable .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This past September we had my son and daughter in laws wedding here and it was wonderful. The food was great and the staff was very attentive. The only concern I had was that the service was slow. They apparently had another party in the main dining room and I think that slowed down the kitchen in the food preparation. The florist that was recommend, Gene was great and the flowers were beautiful. As he promised they were fresh and lasted a very long time.... Overall I would recommend this venue.

Room Tip: Please note there is no swimming pool and I could not delete the rating.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I recently stayed at Le Chambord for a wedding and had a spectacular time. The food was outstanding, the service was great...everybody was extremely attentive to our needs. The rooms were warm and cozy; they were exactly what I expected for booking a room at a Country Inn built in the nineteenth century. Not only were the rooms comfortable, but their antiquity provided for a special experience. In the morning, there was a breakfast including home-made scones, muffins, and croissants, freshly cut fruit, meats, chesses, and cereals, coffee, juice, tea. This was above and beyond what I expected to come with a breakfast included in a room that only cost $99. I really enjoyed my stay at Le Chambord, and I hope I have more weddings to attend there in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Spent the weekend for a wedding recently. While the place is "nice" that's about all i would call it.

The parking lot is a mess. Giant holes all over the place. I'm glad we had an SUV to get through it.

The rooms are very large, but old. The beds are uncomfortable, the heat is temperamental and the showers are but a trickle. Good luck finding outlets to plug anything in. Also, the screen on my MacBook was bigger than our television. Made things difficult with 8 groomsmen trying to watch college football prior to the wedding.

On a good note, housekeeping was super attentive, especially when we asked for additional pillows.

The one big plus was our meal. All the food at the wedding was perfectly delicious!!!!! Breakfast is a major joke though. You're better off going to the Cracker Barrel in Fishkill.

Being a part of the wedding, I found the woman who was "in charge" of us to be completely rude and unprofessional. She constantly fought with the wedding party about simple requests, such as covering the walkways with tents to keep the route for the bride dry. She made things difficult and stressful on the bride and grooms big day.

So, good luck with Le Chambord.

Room Tip: Room 29 is huge, but has a terrible shower.
Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Roy B, Owner at Le Chambord Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

i would like to say that each of our rooms has at least 8 outlets. We are not a sports bar with extra large t.v. screens, Most of our guests come to enjoy our property and food, and not to watch t.v. Our breakfast is a european style breakfast. 3 different pastries, fresh fruit, o.j. meats and cheeses, cereals,coffee and tea. Bride and groom know this ahead of time. I do not know why this person expected something else. Our guests love our breakfast and it is included in the price of the stay. The BRIDE AND GROOM loved the food and were very happy. Something is wrong when this person could not see all those outlets.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell Junction
#7 of 14 in Fishkill
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#9 of 14 in Fishkill

Been to Le Chambord Hotel? Share your experiences!