On our tour of Namibia we spent one night at the Namib Desert Lodge and took advantage of the nature drive on offer. The countryside surrounding the Lodge is stunning and we even saw some gemsbok and other antelope. The petrified dunes add to the overall impression of wide open spaces.
My room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The restaurant was big and yes, there was a big group but somehow it didn't distract from the pleasant atmosphere. Our small group kept to itself and we certainly enjoyed the good food which included some local game.
Another Gondwana Collection lodge worth revisiting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The main building and the chalets of Namib Desert Lodge are spread out along the foot of the fossilised dunes of the ancient Namib. A comfortable sojourn is guaranteed by 65 en suite rooms with air conditioning. A restaurant and bar, an inviting terrace with views of the fossilised dunes and two swimming pools beckon you to linger and relax. Oryx antelope and springbok make frequent appearances at our illuminated watering place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Namib Desert Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namib Desert Hotel Namib-Naukluft Park
- Namib Desert Lodge Namibia/Namib-Naukluft Park