Arrived very late at the lodge, due to a lot of problems with our BA flight from London to Johannesburg and corresponding flight to Windhoek. However, upon arrival, we immediately felt very welcome. The lodge is situated in a beautiful private parc. The rooms were very clean, though very basic. During breakfast, lunch an dinner, we really enjoyed the food! We made a tour in the parc with open jeeps, with 2 very charming guides. Landscape was beautiful and we were offered a gin/tonic, when watching the sun going down. Great pictures, great remembrances! Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The main building and the chalets of Namib Desert Lodge are spread out along the foot of the fossilised dunes of the ancient Namib. A comfortable sojourn is guaranteed by 65 en suite rooms with air conditioning. A restaurant and bar, an inviting terrace with views of the fossilised dunes and two swimming pools beckon you to linger and relax. Oryx antelope and springbok make frequent appearances at our illuminated watering place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Namib Desert Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namib Desert Hotel Namib-Naukluft Park
- Namib Desert Lodge Namibia/Namib-Naukluft Park