“Pampered in the African Bush!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Luangwa National Park
Bilimungwe Bushcamp - The Bushcamp Company
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was a great place to stay. Beautiful chalets with custom woodworking, animals surrounded the camp, the food was fantastic and the staff couldn't have been better! The safari guides were very knowledgeable too. I have never felt so pampered ...let alone in the African Bush.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I and 2 friends stayed 3 days in August at this bushcamp. The camp is a rustic beauty with plenty of wildlife. We saw, and filmed, 11 elephants drinking at the lagoon one afternoon. There was even a baby elephant rolling in the mud! So adorable. Steve, our guide, was exceptionally knowledgable and patient. Shadrick, our spotter for morning and night drives, was happy, pleasant, and always ready to help. We definitely felt safe with Priest as our guard! And Katie was a perfect, relaxed hostess who made everyone comfortable. The food was amazingly good with lots of variety. There is a LOT of food. I felt bad about not being able to eat everything that was prepared for me at the 8pm dinner. I know they compost the plate leftovers but offering half servings for dinner would seem to make sense. Again, great experience of a lifetime since I don't plan any other trips to Africa so I'm happy that I spent my time at the Bushcamps in Zambia.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We recently stayed for three nights at Bilimungwe Bushcamp and had a brilliant time. As there were seven of us in our group, we had the camp to ourselves. Katie, the camp manager, and all the staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Everything was really well organised and comfortable. They went the extra mile to impress us, greeting us on our arrival, after a long, weary bush drive, with a line up of smiling faces, refreshing drinks and hot flannels. And serenading us after dinner one evening with a delightful song - their own, moving, tribute to Bili. They also arranged a surprise sundowner one evening, welcoming us with a table laden with drinks and nibbles, as well as a row of chairs in the shallows of a nearby river, so that we could dip our toes into the cool evening water, with the sound of hippos basking in the background - it was a magical moment! The camp is great for seeing all kinds of animals close up, especially elephant, as they walk between the lodges and drink from the lagoon. All in all, a truly magical time which went far too quickly. It was hard to say goodbye as we felt so at home at Bili - we could easily have stayed for much longer.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at Mfuwe and Chendini and Bili was my favorite place. Serene, beautiful, rustic and super comfortable, amazing food and fabulous crew. And Manda the guide and Katie who runs that camp are fantastic. When I left for this trip, I told friends that all I wanted was to see baby elephants and although I saw many, it was at Camp Bili that a baby elephant wandered into the lagoon behind the camp with her family and hung out there during our lunch. Incredible! This is a special place and I know anyone visiting will love it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2014

After talking with several people in the group I was traveling with, I formed the expectation that Bilimungwe is a very active camp in terms of wildlife. I stayed there for two days and the first day we were told to be extra watchful when walking to and from our rooms because elephants especially like to roam through the camp grounds and drink from the small central lagoons. I didn't end up seeing any animals that first day but it didn't matter much because I was in the company of the amazing staff. Katie, the camp manager, was so friendly and attentive to the needs of both the guests and the staff she works with. She was also a blast to hang out with and has a fascinating array of life experiences under her belt at such a young age. And Manda, the designated camp guide, is so intelligent and experienced in his craft. His passion for wildlife is contagious and thought-provoking. It feels like he's discovering with you when out on drives and safari walks. He always initiates a discussion amongst guests and is an incredible teacher. The staff is full of real world learners and it's very inspiring. On my second day, elephants and giraffes were everywhere! At breakfast, families of elephants kept arriving at the watering holes, moving so close to the main deck, it was unbelievable. All the camps I visited were beautiful and a pleasure to stay at, but this camp was certainly my favorite. And the chef is amazing too!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our second trip to the Bushcamp Co and we have now stayed in all six bush camps. Having done so it is fair to say that they are all excellent in location, food, staff welcome, service and game viewing. However if we had to pick an overall favourite (and it is difficult) this would probably be it.
The other reviews are right about the staff welcome (and farewell) the quality of the food, the rooms and the overall ambience of the camp. These cannot be faulted and in fact are quite incredible given the location and facilities available
However, the thing that gives Bili a real edge is the game viewing at the waterholes in camp. We saw countless animals including - Impala, Puku, Kudu, Baboon, Warthog, Elephant, Giraffe, Bush Buck and wide range of birds, all sitting on our decking or even laying in bed.
This is a fantastic place to stay and our thanks again to Katie and all the staff who looked after us so well a few weeks ago.

Room Tip: All are fantastic, room 1 probably has best game viewing from the deck.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pauljoem
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was the first of four camps that we stayed at, and was still my favorite by the end of the trip. And that is saying a lot given the exceptional experiences at the other three camps. On our approach into camp, the entire staff came out to greet us, and the warmth and attention only got better from there. Our host Katy helped us feel welcome and relaxed from the start, and our guide Manda was very impressive with knowledge of practically every living thing in the bush. The chalets were large and comfortable (although the bats that could access the opening in the ceiling did leave some small deposits to clean up in the morning), the food outstanding, and the wildlife viewing comes right to you backdoor during the day to access the watering holes. They even set up our first sundowner in the river with a majestic sunset to make it all complete. Many thanks to Katy, Manda, our gunman Priest, spotter Shadwick, and the whole staff for memories that I will keep for a lifetime!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends