The lodge is superbly located overlooking the Luangwa River. From here you venture out to great game drives or, which we would highly recommend, the game walks in the morning. Game is abundant in this area - we were on many Safaris before (South Africa, Namibia and Botswana), but we have never had an opportunity to see lions and leopard during a single walk ! The staff of Luangwa River Lodge is very competent, helpful and also very friendly. The rooms, or rather individual cottages, are tastefully and functionally furnished in Safari style , very spacious and offer a comfortable space to relax in privacy, just surrounded by the sounds of the wilderness. The lodge is a rather intimate place - not as big as many others in this or in other areas, which is great as you get the attention and the individual service you want. If you really want or need it, you can even get cell phone signal and wireless internet access - but who wants that ? ;-) We will definitely come back when we are in Zambia next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The South Luangwa National Park marks the end of the Great Rift Valley, one of the last remaining unspoilt wilderness areas and possibly the finest wildlife sanctuary in Africa. It is through this that the great meandering Luangwa river runs, with its ox bow lagoons, riverine supported woodlands and large plains, all of which play host to huge concentrations of game including elephant, buffalo, leopard, lion, giraffe, hippo and over 450 species of birds. Luangwa River Camp sits nestled under an ancient ebony grove on the banks of the Luangwa River overlooking the game rich area known as the Luangwa Wafwa. This small and intimate camp with just five bush suites, along with its setting and location creates a real “wow” factor and a romantic feeling simply flows through the camp. The subtly decorated bush suites with brick walls and thatch roof each have ensuite bathrooms with sunken bathtubs looking out onto your own private corner of Africa. Both the bedroom and bathroom are afronted with large sliding doors leading onto a decked area allowing a lovely breeze into the room and great views onto the river. The main area stretches over various elevated decked levels amongst which a tempting double plunge pool with a waterfall linking the two is situated. Seating areas around the pool or in the shade of the open plan bar on the highest level all offer uninterrupted views across the river and into the National Park. Luangwa River Camp offers all the creature comforts of a lodge yet retains the intimacy and privacy of a bush camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Luangwa River Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luangwa River Camp Hotel South Luangwa National Park
- Luangwa River Camp Zambia/South Luangwa National Park