“Another fabulous visit and I'll definitely be back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Luangwa National Park
Mfuwe Lodge - The Bushcamp Company
Rossett, United Kingdom
“Another fabulous visit and I'll definitely be back!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I am a regular visitor to Mfuwe Lodge, and have visited in many months of the year. Every time is different but fabulous in its own way. The thing that keeps me coming back is the fabulous wildlife and the fabulous staff at the lodge (and bushcamps). This time we had a pride of lions and 4 cubs close to our vehicle, and elephants and leopards come within feet of us!. The lodge is a very special place and I'd highly recommend it, whether you're looking for a family holiday, travelling with friends or a romantic break. It's wonderful! Also Chef Trish's food was fabulous!

Room Tip: I personally enjoy the rooms on the side of the hippo lagoon as I love to hear the noises of the hip...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SusieQBristol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were lucky enough to spend 5 nights in Mfuwe Lodge last week and it was an incredible experience. The location and accommodation were amazing and the variety of wildlife we encountered during our stay was second to none. All the staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful and had a real enthusiasm for the nature around them. The food was of very high quality and served with a smile! A special mention for Steve, our guide, who was incredibly knowledgeable, helpful and great company. I can't recommend Mfuwe Lodge highly enough...

Ludo Duursma

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I went to Mfuwe with my Husband and some friends in july 2014.
we really enjoyed . the food was Amazing , the Staff are very friendly ,service was Fantastic.
Our Guide Onicoius was Fantastic . very knowledgable, he knew his stuff. we were very lucky in that we saw alot on our drives . this place is Magical, i just wanted to say thank you to all the staff that made our stay enjoyable . just Amazing will definatly be going back next time i am in africa.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I came to Zambia for the first time with my wife (she's Zambian) she took me to Sth Luangwa, Mfuwe Lodge. I loved this place, we were lucky enough to have Ornacious (excuse the spelling) as our guide, he was great, on the morning/night safaris. We were so lucky, day 1 lions walked past our car, saw elephants crossing the river. Weather was perfect. The service was excellent, the head chef would come out and chat, food was great, we would always dine with our guide, big mention to Abraham for his personable happy service in the restaurant. Love the design of the chalets also. You can sit on the balcony and elephants, warthogs, monkeys etc. would be strolling past. Hopefully see you again sooner rather than later all.

Room Tip: Just don't leave your lights on when you're out at night, bugs can get in.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sash V
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Everything was beyond compare. Accommodations were wonderful, and the staff was warm and genuine. The guides were the best tour guides of any kind I've ever had. Their excitement about the nature around them was contagious. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 4 August 2014

For our 10th anniversary, we decided to make magical memories by taking a trip of lifetime. In five words, "beyond my already high expectations." From the moment you arrive you know this is something special... the Bushcamp staff more than greet you at the airport, they truly welcome you. The drive through town shows the "heart" of Africa - the love of the villagers and the community that Bushcamp is very much a part of. Arriving at the lodge, greeted by refreshments and towels, the "can-do" and "we got this" attitude of the staff is a delight. We are very self-sufficient travelers so getting us to "let go" and let them host us was a slight adjustment, but seemless. They inspired trust and confidence all the way. The guides were awesome, the little touches everywhere were just enough without being over-the-top. I rate not on just my expectations, but "uncommon" courtesies that are part of their nature, who they are and what they do more than how they're trying to impress me. For those net-promoters, I would not only recommend them, I have offered to my friends and family to organize their special trip to Africa - with Bushcamp.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was fortunate enough to be part of a trip organized by CoolHunting.com with 28 strangers (and one of my closest friends) and I spent 10 incredible days in Zambia. Andy and his team at The Bushcamp Co not only run a world class hospitality business, but it's so much more than that. The lodge is beautifully kept and set in the most magnificent location in the national park where wildlife roam freely in the lodge's "backyard". The staff are some of the warmest and most accommodating people I've encountered in my years of world travel and the guides in particular (especially Manda and Peter) are brilliant -- so knowledgable, passionate and engaging. Andy runs his business with a social and environmental consciousness that is not just admirable, but makes your time with Bushcamp even more unforgettable. And the food is amazing - you won't go hungry, and with the best bartender in the business to bring you the cocktail you want to watch the magnificent sunsets. Expect to see more wildlife than you can imagine and at proximities that will blow your mind, but the most impactful part of the trip for me was understanding how everything - animals, plants, the environment and the people - all work together to make this place truly magical. It is truly a trip of a lifetime.

Room Tip: I was in the Impala lodge which was beautiful, but set by the lagoon where the hippos like to hang o...
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Luangwa National Park
Mushroom Lodge
Mushroom Lodge
#34 of 44 in South Luangwa National Park
Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge
Sanctuary Chichele Presidential ...
#13 of 44 in South Luangwa National Park
Zikomo Safari Camp
Zikomo Safari Camp
#18 of 44 in South Luangwa National Park
Sanctuary Puku Ridge Camp
Sanctuary Puku Ridge Camp
#14 of 44 in South Luangwa National Park

Been to Mfuwe Lodge - The Bushcamp Company? Share your experiences!