“Forever one of my favourite places”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Luangwa National Park
Chindeni Bushcamp - The Bushcamp Company
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Forever one of my favourite places”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed for our first and last nights of our honeymoon at Mfuwe. It was just incredible, but I have to say that the really magical part of our honeymoon was the 7 nights' stay at Chindeni bushcamp. Words cannot explain how amazing it is there, very different to Mfuwe as there's a maximum capacity of 4 couples so it naturally has a more intimate and exclusive feel. I know all the company's bushcamps are incredible (we also stayed at Kapamba which is brilliant (thankyou Zilla!)) but we fell in love with Chindeni. The game viewing at the bushcamps is very different, the animals are far shyer and harder to spot but we found this made the experience so much more rewarding and magical. And because guest numbers are so small you're never going to have to share a sighting with 5 or 6 other vehicles! Thankyou Mike, Peter and all the staff there for such an incredible experience. We shall be back, even if money won't allow until it's our 10 year anniversary! We honestly can't think of a single thing we'd change, even the weather in May/June was so kind to us and we were blessed with blazing hot sun and not a drop of rain!

Room Tip: They're all amazing!!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Louise A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed at Chindeni in June 2011. I had stayed in South Luangwa before at Mfuwe Lodge, but had never stayed at a bushcamp before. What a great experience!

The accommodation and staff were excellent. Our tent was luxurious and very comfortable. The food was superb. It was lovely sitting out on the deck having drinks and meals. The staff took excellent care of us, always conscience of our every need.

The game viewing was superb. We got to see everything - lions, leopards, elephants and everything else. We got very close to a leopard more than once. The walking safaris allowed us to see the flora and fauna close up, and the guide shared a lot of interesting bits of information about both plants and animals.

I would highly recommend a stay at a bushcamp if you are considering it. It is truly a worthwhile experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank JACKie_S_JOHNSON
West Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Return visit to Chindeni with my wife and 5 yr old son showed that the excellent standards of service and camp atmosphere had been maintained.

Food was again plentiful and tasty.

Not much to add since the last review, other than the Chindeni safari tents must be the best blend of simple functionality and comfortable elegance in the African bush.

The game viewing was good, but unfortunately not as leopard intensive as on the previous visit. We saw lots of other game, but the big cats were unfortunately AWOL elsewhere in the park (or across the river). But that is the unpredictable nature of the bush, and ironically better for it.

Great bush camp, hope to return again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
England
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The tents were perfect, well appointed and wanting for nothing. Tamsin and Brandon were great hosts and truly cared to make our stay most memorable. Our guide Peter was extremely knowledgeable and made the walking safari an experience not to be missed, it was during this walk we saw a rare leopard tortoise - his knowledge of the wildlife and the region is genuinely impressive. Thanks to all.

John F

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We were excited from our first introduction to our brilliant guide, Namba at the Mfuwe Lodge before our Land Rover trip to our camps,through our poignant farewell with our 5 caring helpers and Zilla, our "ever at your service" leader. Great food, and beautifully appointed, huge cabanas/houses! Thank you. Zilla followed us for two camps, so we were doubly fortunate. Priest, William and Namba (and more) , our guides/security were really nice guys, extremely competent, and made all of us feel at home and welcome. Love the sundowners on the Luangwa and Katamba River banks to finish off lots of game viewing, hiking and learning. I do not think I can get my family to view all of my 2,200 photos, but I am reliving the trip many times as I edit the photos. Excellent Cuisine! Thank you!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank vince j
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This was our first trip to Africa and we couldn't have chosen a better place. Chindeni Bushcamp was the second bushcamp so we sort of knew what to expect. But they just kept surprising us with amazing extras. I spent one hot afternoon naptime in a cooling wet wrap swinging on a hammock and listening to the hippos underneath us. This is not what I would call roughing it. We had all the comforts of home and luxury accomodations that will astound you. The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed getting to know them and learned fist-hand about life in the village. It was amazing to experience that level of excellence out in what I would consider "the middle of nowhere." Our guide was unbelieveably knowledgeable and I learned about more than just the animals.I learned about how it is all connected all the way down to the smallest insects. I learned to really see what was before me and to live in the present moment. I also appreciated their constant attention to our safety and comfort. With no responsibiilties except to show up when and where we were supposed to, I had the most stress reducing trip of a lifetime. I really did hate to leave and am grateful we still had time at the Mfuwe Lodge before we headed home.

Room Tip: I have no idea, our room was amazing. We didn't spend much time in it, but we could have happily...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Australia
Reviewed 13 December 2011

As expats living and working in Zambia we see many aspects of this great country, one of our recent highlights was the experience of having an extended weekend at Mfuwe lodges Chindeni Bush Camp. The tents (bigger than some peoples apartments) were perfect, well appointed and wanting for nothing. From the shower looking out over the lagoon to the excellent mosquito net around the 4 post bed it was exactly as we had hoped. The social aspect of the communal decking area and the outstanding food selections was a real highlight - "sundowners on the deck is a must". Tamsin and Brandon were great hosts and truly care for the individual - we felt like freinds rather than clients! Our guide Peter was an absolute star and made the safari experience trully memorable - his knowledge of the wildlife and the region is genuinely impressive. We saw an incredible amount of animals both during the night and day drives to cover anybodies "african wildlife" requirments. It really was a brilliant experience

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Mushroom Lodge
Mushroom Lodge
#33 of 46 in South Luangwa National Park
Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge
Sanctuary Chichele Presidential ...
#13 of 46 in South Luangwa National Park
Zikomo Safari Camp
Zikomo Safari Camp
#18 of 46 in South Luangwa National Park

Been to Chindeni Bushcamp - The Bushcamp Company? Share your experiences!