I stayed here as part of an Odyssey Unlimited tour group. The food was amazingly fresh, considering the remote location, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Loved the outdoor showers and plunge pools, and eating meals out on the veranda. Best part is that elephants just coming roaming thru the lodge whenever they please. Went on several early morning safari drives and night drives. Saw (and heard) a lion roar, saw lionesses playing with their cubs, and saw a couple of leopards. All was absolutely amazing. Having "tea" in the morning from the back of our open air land rover was lovely, and having "sundowners" in the evening on an island in the middle of the Zambezi river to watch the sunset were magical. Also went fishing for Tiger fish - my biggest fish was 14 pounds. Billy is an awesome and patient fishing guide - highly recommend him. Natalie and the staff were very knowledgeable, accessible, and hospitable. For a remote location that must filter it's own water and generate it's own electricity - this place get's it right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Zambezi Lodge, a spacious but intimate privately owned lodge, situated in Zambia on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River just minutes from the Lower Zambezi National Park and directly opposite Zimbabwe's famous Mana Pools World Heritage Site. Royal offers the ultimate in luxury and cuisine while enjoying and participating closely in the sights and sounds of the African wilderness. Royal provides the perfect romantic setting for honeymoon couples, while its customised family suite works perfectly for family holidays. There is lots of space for all to enjoy their unique stay. The central building and individual private suites are designed to let nature play a leading role in ensuring the relaxed pace and magical experiences are enjoyed by guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Royal Zambezi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zambezi Hotel Lusaka
- Royal Zambezi Lodge Zambia/Lower Zambezi National Park