“Don't bother, the place keeps getting worse!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hornell
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We have stayed here more than once, having a child at Alfred University. But we do prefer the Comfort Inn as it is much better. Our last stay, there was no air conditioning, but someone came over and showed us how to turn it on. All the air conditioners in the units with balconies have unpainted wood framed around them. The balcony railings are all loose. Our toilet was not bolted to the floor, it was very loose. The carpeting should probably be replaced from the looks of it. We do not eat breakfast here, but usually go down the street to Country Kitchen.

Places like this have to be maintained, the lawn desperately needed mowing. Our view of the broken down post & rail fence by Rupert's Restaurant (closed) was OK.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RiverRat1953
econo l, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

its very upsetting to know we are loosing a patron like yourself due to lack of proper authority, unfortunatly a handful of a few guests were effected. now, under new management and solution focused owners we have fixed such problems and are doing all there is to prevent such events from ever occuring again. thank you for your feedback

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I recently stayed at this "Lodge" to attend my son's College Graduation the next day. When we arrived there we were confused where to go as it is on this road with really no sign. Then when you pull up you think your at a Apartment complex! The room was clean but shotty, Old tv's that only got 4 stations, no internet connection like they claim they have . No iron or ironing board in the rooms, and no hairdryers! I was appalled that they had no hair dryer as I couldn't dry my hair or curl it for my son's graduation! Breakfast was shotty also. If items were gone they were gone. When asking for more you got attitude and rolled eyes. The dining area is very small and barely enough room to move around to get a cup of coffee or find the milk! I would not stay here again as we were charged $139.00 for one night and my daughter stayed in Bath Ny at a Micro Motel and paid half the price for a nice room with a jacuzzi and breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tammytigger
econo l, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

its too bad your experience wasnt the best during your stay here. i was not an employee during the time of your stay, but as of now our tv"s are checked regularly to be sure all are running correctly, our internet "issue" in the past, has been resolved other then the basic problems that may occur with ANY connection. almost all of our rooms have irons and boards in the dresser and for those that dont we offer them in our office. one phone call and it is delivered to the room as well as hair dryers. i know that all hotels prices vary due to season and availability but our standard rate is $69.99. thank you

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Very nice experience, and the price was perfect. We only needed a one night stay for a travel stop, so we weren't here for long, but we would definitely stay longer if needed. The room was clean and surprisingly spacious, and it has legit heat, not just a single unit window heater. TV service was fine, and the Internet signal was strong and fast, even though we were NOT near the lobby. Best of all, though, the price was $30 less than anything else in the vicinity. It is a little hard to find, as it is not visible from the interstate, but follow the signs and you'll be fine. (lol that rhymes)

Overall, it met and slightly exceeded our expectations, and we would stay here again.

P.S. I honestly don't know what's up with the bad reviews. I read them before we came but found none of the same problems/ complaints.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank elizajoe
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My family recently returned to Hornell for a funeral and we rented several rooms here. Yes, the hotel has seen better days and was quite the beautiful hotel a few years ago. That said, the room was spotless and the sheets and towels white and fresh. There is a breakfast in the morning and the location is very quiet for being off the highway. The price was the cheapest of the other hotels in the area and if you don't care if you have a fancy TV or room service then I would recommend staying here. The furniture is dated, but perfectly fine and clean. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SuzeQFlorida
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We made reservations here as a halfway.stop on our trip. Door had appeared to have been kicked in several times. Myself, husband and three kids stayed in a double room and got a rollaway. YOU WILL GET THREE TOWELS, NO MATTER WHAT...NO MORE, EVEN WHEN REQUESTED- EXPLAINING 3 TOWELS WILL NOT WORK FOR FIVE PEOPLE! This place is very dated and the beds are really horrible. If we would have required a multiple night stay near Hornell I would not have stayed a second night!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank leasha77

your stay with us was two years ago, i was not the manager at that time. but i would first like to apoligize for the experience that you had. this type of service is not acceptable....ever. at this time we offer as many towels a guest may ask for as well as any other need they may have. It is this very reason why the change in management was made, yet there is no excuse for your experience. all i can say after a heart felt sorry, is that these issues have all been addressed and its a promise from me to all future guest a happy satisfied stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2010

I made the mistake of staying here on two occasions... And you know the old saying, "blank me once, shame on you, blank me twice, shame on me?" yeah... Shame on me.

The first time I stayed here was in winter and the room thermostat had been shut off for apparently the entire season. It was set at 50 degrees, and unfortunately, they use electric baseboard heaters which no kidding took 4 hours and 15 minutes for the temperature to creep up to about 68 degrees or so.

The second time I stayed here was about a month later and opted for the townhouse (it was only $90) separate bedroom, and living room, fridge, microwave, semi-furnished kitchen, etc... Wow. It was gross.

The microwave when I opened it was black with mold. Not a "little bit" either (and not that that would have been okay either but still, There was a ton of mold in that thing)

When I turned on the bathwster, it actually came out brown for a few seconds and smelled like sewage.

Them, when I flushed the toilet, blue syrup came up. That was the proof that thus room had not been used or cleaned in at least a month.

Smelled terrible, and clerk was too busy "doing her taxes" to give a hoot.

Stay at Comfort Inn nearby if in the area-- let this Econo Lodge rot on it's own. Gross.

1  Thank Nquizitiv1

thank you for your review. recently when accepting my new position as manager, we began renovating our property. our townhouses have been stripped, cleaned and painted! they are now beautiful. i also require all staff to check all rooms that are reserved that day.....2xs. once housekeeping looks, second the desk clerk ending shift also checks. then i personally recheck. in doing so all heat is turned up and we know our promise to our guest of a clean warm room upon arrival will stand true. i am so sorry of your past experience, but it would be wonderful if you would allow me to show you a different side to our hotel! thanks

Reviewed 30 December 2009

I stayed at Econo Lodge in Hornell for 3 nights and I will stay there again when in the area . The heat and hot water were great , the room was clean comfortable and cozy .
The free breakfast was good and the staff very nice and friendly .

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hank95
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hornell
Best Western Maple City Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath
Super 8 Bath Hammondsport Area
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wellsville
Budget Inn Bath
Budget Inn Bath
#3 of 4 in Bath

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!