“Good location”

Ranked #40 of 94 Hotels in Queretaro City
Nottingham, England
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2011

A hacienda style hotel with combination antique and modern furnishings in which we stayed two nights. Roof top restaurant was a bit of a sleep deterrant, but we were tired anyway. Halloween and Day of the Dead celebrations going full swing which added to the general hubbub. Not a place for quiet relaxation at this time of the year.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Ruben_8, Gerente at Antiguo Meson de Aspeytia, responded to this review, 21 May 2016

Greetings and good day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Potsdam, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

I made my reservation directly with them several months in advance of my meetings in Queretaro. When we arrived, they were honest and said that they had had a glitch in their system and had double booked the whole weekend. Everyone we knew in the hotel suffered the same fate. Whether or not they actually had a glitch I do not know, but they did double book. They arranged for us to go to the Quinta Santiago, which was also on my list of selections. they also made good on my original request for a room with two beds. When they did not have that room, they gave us two rooms for the price of one. So in the end they made good on the situation, but it was exceptionally inconvenient having to switch hotels in the middle of a stay. Their computer system was dodgey and we never got an internet signal.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnandAnneKSKY
Cancun, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

This hotel is very conveniently located just steps away from the historical center, parks and colonial walkways in Queretaro city. The hotel is a converted and well-restored colonial home. There is a very nice open air bar on the roof at night that provides a lovely view of the city lights and iluminated cathedral. The small restaurant on the first floor in what was the home´s main patio is not very appealing, but with a little care to the plants and decoration, it could be very attractive. All the staff were friendly and helpful, although spread a little too thin, having to cover for each other. Our rooom was nicely decorated, and we really felt that we were guests in a colonial home. We had two comfortable beds and a balcony that looked out on a little, quiet street below. Our accomadations were clean and the bathroom had been remodeled and modernized. There was no air-conditioning, but at this particular time of the year, the cieling fan kept the room cool and ventilated.
I have only two complaints. The room safe deposit box didn´t work, although the staff tried remedy this problem to no avail. We were basicly left to lock up our valueables in our suitcases. The other problem was that there was no hot or even warm water our entire stay. I consider hot water to bath in after a hot and tiring day of sightseeing a basic necessity. I suggest that they sell the plasma TV´s in the rooms and buy a good boiler.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

We found this hotel to be exactly what we wanted. The service was outstanding, the location was fabulous! We felt like we were part of the city. They put fresh flowers in our room. The free continental breakfast was great. Everything was very clean. The only negative..the bed was not very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Ruben_8, Gerente at Antiguo Meson de Aspeytia, responded to this review, 19 May 2016
Thank you for your comments , everyone makes us grow as a company , we regret the detail of the bed and reported that already took action to fix it. We hope you can come back in your next visit .
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

I stayed here for four nights on a business trip to Queretaro. I prefer to stay in the center of cities so I can walk and see the sights within a few minutes of the hotel. This hotel is perfect and is located in the central colonial part of the city. Minutes to many restaurants and surrounded by the original colonial architecture. I found the room spotless, and the staff very helpful in directing me through the area. My room had a good table to work at and the wireless functioned well allowing me to work when I needed to. The staff in the mornings went out of their way to make the breakfast I wanted along with my much needed coffee. Overall I would recomend the location and hotel and will definitely return there upon my future trips.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank PrecisionOne

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

I hate to disagree with the previous comments, but my experience with this hotel was of a completely different nature. The entire staff was not only polite and amicable, but above and beyond, going out of their way to please me as a customer. The furnishing and decor was marvellously accomplished, giving me a beautiful and comfortable room to stay in. I had no issues what so ever with my internet or phone connection and I was able to communicate with my colleagues from work everyday. The food was delicious, typical mexican food. And the best of all was the price! It was definitely worth every penny and more!

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple

Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2009

We trust tripadviser and although this hotel was very low rated numerically for the city we thought we could try this hotel. We had a three night reservation for a junior shuite with a balcony facing outside. When we arrived we were told the room had a problem but they were putting us in another room. Basically no windows other than an elevated porthole and a bathroom with a porthole into an interior stairwell. It felt like a white cave. The following morning we found out that they just hadn't cleaned the suite that we had reserved. Staff was courteous and the breakfast lady was hospitable.
The location is A+.
We left after one night.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family