“Excellent inexpensive hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 94 Hotels in Queretaro City
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent inexpensive hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2010

Very nice, quiet place to stay. The hotel is very well located for tourist interested in visiting the city centre.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank marcoP11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Clemente
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

We were sent here by a tour company and were pleasantly surprised by both the location and the actual place. It was pretty, set behind heavy wooden doors with a courtyard. The rooms are clean, new, and have all of the amenaties. Only complaints, slightly cold showers and really loud at night but because of those staying at the hotel. No street noise- just some loud guests. Overall, it is close to everything and a nice place to stay when in this lovely place.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Ixtapa, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2010

We stayed 4 nights, the best thing is the hotel is in very good condition, clean and well located, close to everything. We had hot water in the shower but not very hot. Breakfast was ordinary, fruits, cereals, juice, coffee and pastries. Service practically inexistant. The receptionist was alsways watching TV and could not care less about anybody but if you asked something she was pleasant. Same for breakfast, everything was put on a counter and we just helped ourselves. The price was reasonable for a city like Queretaro.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank snowbird054
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2010

The hotel is spotless, really clean and newly refurbished. It is in a prime location close to the town centre. Staff are very friendly and the continental breakfast is quite good.

The only bad thing we found was that it had cold showers. The water would warm up for a while but not last for more than 3-4 minutes. My in-laws stayed in another room and found the same problem, so we reckon it is hotel wide rather than a localized issue. Have quick showers if you're staying in this hotel. We felt that for the money we paid (50 pounds -- 950 mexican pesos) we should have had decent showers.

There is parking down the road included in the room price.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alexfm
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2009

We were walking around down town Queretaro looking for a place to stay and the hotels we had seen were either over priced or not up to our cleanliness standards until suddenly we walked past Quinta Lucca, the owner was very welcoming and he even showed us the rooms.

The hotel is a charming place in the middle of the historic downtown of Queretaro, the rooms are very clean and the bed is heaven, to make this even better the continental breakfast is yummy.

We enjoyed our stay and much of it had to do with how happy we were at our hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Journeys1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2009

I stayed with my wife in this hotel for 1 night in a standard room with continental breakfast included at a rate of around $65 (including taxes). The hotel is very recent and small, but very well-appointed. The location is excellent, 2 blocks away from all the action of the historic city centre. The room was really pretty and the bathroom, although small, was ok for our needs. The bed was comfy and the sheets were of good quality. Cleanliness was very good. This hotel feels very quiet, even though it's facing a street with an important amount of traffic. Quinta Lucca has a beautiful small garden in the center of the hotel, facing every room of the hotel. The continental breakfast was served there and it was good, offering fruit, bread, juices, coffee/tea and cereals. Compared to other hotels in Querétaro, I think this hotel offers great value.

However, we had two bad experiences regarding the service at Quinta Lucca:
1.- When we arrived, we noticed that there was a problem with our toilet which made it not to flush properly, so I called the reception. They told me someone was going to fix it right away. I told them that I was going out, and they told me not to worry. When I came back about 3 hours later, the problem wasn't solved. I called the reception again and they told me that they couldn't send anyone to fix it, but that they were going to send someone as soon as possible. Finally, I went out again and when I came back some hours later, the problem was solved.
2.- I lost my wedding ring in the last day at Quinta Lucca and noticed it just after I left the hotel. I called the hotel and my call was answered by the owner, who offered to search for the ring in my room, but mentioned that he never received any comment from the maid. As I was sure that I lost my ring either in the room or in the garden (I had taken photos which proved this, the night before in my room I had my ring on, and in the next picture which I took in the garden after breakfast I hadn't the ring). The owner promised to call me back, but he never did. I called him again, but he said he couldn't find the maid and promised again to call me back. Again, he didn't call, so I called and he said they didn't find the ring. 2 days later, I went back to Querétaro and went straight to the hotel. I talked with the girl in reception and asked her if she knew anything about my ring, but she answered that the owner didn't tell her anything about a lost ring. I don't think that because of this, the hotel has any responsibility about my ring, but I do think that at least the owner should have mentioned it to all of the other employees.

Querétaro is a city with a magnificent historic city centre. There are many examples of fine colonial and baroque architecture. We took a night tour called "Legends of Querétaro", which consists in a tour of different 'Casonas' (old big houses), while a tour guide is narrating old horror legends about those houses. The tour was excellent and there are different companies which offer different versions of the tour, but I'm not sure if it's available in english (we took it in spanish). The city centre offers superb churches, pleasant squares, buildings, etc. There's a lot of history and culture there. There's also a gorgeous old aqueduct, but it's just outside of the historic city centre.

I include some pictures of the hotel and Querétaro's city with my review.

The best: the location, quiet hotel, nice room, beautiful small garden.
The worst: poor service.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
egracia7
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

I was blown away by the service of the staff, and the comfort of the rooms! My stay at the hotel was GREAT, and was made even better because the owner actually took time out of his day to help us with specific needs. The service was absolutely great. ANYTHING THAT WE NEEDED, they were there for us. We had two rooms in the back of the hotel, and both rooms were COMFORTABLE and QUIET (which is hard to come across). This hotel has to be one of the best that I have stayed at in Mexico, and I highly recommend it! Very clean, and very proffesional...

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business