“Away from central”

Crowne Plaza Queretaro Diamante
Ranked #48 of 94 Hotels in Queretaro City
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The rooms and reception service are excellent. very comfortable beds. The location although great for a spectacular view over te city is not very convenient and there is nothing around that you can walk to. the restaurant is expensive and A plate of dried pasta covered ina luke warm cream sauce is NOT spaghetti carbonara !!!!! No bacon , no eggs .... Come on guys get a chef who can cook basics !!!!! The pool is very small and during our visit was way too hot . after a few days this fault was rectified.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank CUNKEN
Marco Antonio M, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Queretaro Diamante, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Good day
Thank you so much for sharing your comments, there´s no better way to find weak areas than the guests´s feedback. We will personally speak with all the areas involved in your comments and will take action immediately.
Thank you again for your comments and we long to back you back soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was in this city for business and this hotel was by far one of my best. We has friendly quality service. The bar was so relaxing to look over the city from a mountain view at night was just amazing..

Room Tip: Stay in floor level 1-3
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marco Antonio M, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Queretaro Diamante, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Good day WowWee2014

Thank you for uploading those comments, we'll be waiting for you on your next trip to Queretaro.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I just had a red-eye flight in from NYC, no sleep, starving and tired. After checking in, I wanted a bite to eat and some stores to shop. Because the concierge was not in, the front desk said, "oh!! you want food? and shops?" "yes, yes" i said. The woman recommended a place called Plaza del Parque. Not knowing anything better but trusting her advice, they called a cab and it pulled me up to a....... MALL.

i was confused. I didnt have any Pesos so i couldn't call another cab. So went in to find an ATM, hoping there was something more. It was probably one of the worst malls i have been in. really small, and the food court was pizza, hamburgers and some other questionable-looking spots. I was beyond furious. Stuck here, and starving, i ordered a taco from the Mexican equivalent of Sbarro. of course i didn't finish it.

After getting money, i took a cab back to the hotel, furious. if you come to NYC to visit, do i tell you go to a mall and eat McDonalds and KFC? i couldn't belive the time they made me waste and had a horrible first experience in Queretaro.

Of course they blamed it on the fact that the concierge was not in. But the staff should be equipped to deal with this. This seemingly minor complaint echos the fact that small details at this hotel are overlooked.

When i checked in, the desk chair had white splotches on the seat. I don't even want to guess.

The shuttle service neglected to take my mobile number and therefore i was waiting for nearly 40 minutes, waiting for the shuttle. turns out they were looking for me but didnt have my number so they went back to the hotel. I ended up taking a cab.

Internet keeps kicking you off. Spotty.

The walls are thin and you can hear other neighbors thru the bathroom vent.

Shower pressure is low.

However, the room is very big and sizeable. If you just want a room and that's it, then stay here. If you are expecting more service, find another hotel.

Staff here is composed of super-friendly, nice people. Good people. It shows that the management hired the RIGHT people but FAILED to train them properly. They do need to amp up their customer service to deal with global expectations in hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank toasty24
Marco Antonio M, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Queretaro Diamante, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Good day toasty24

We want to thank you for the time to share your comments regarding the recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Queretaro. Sadly, we read that you didn't have a good experience with the recomendation made by the front desk. May I recall that we offered the Hotel's restaurant as a first option to have something to eat in a quiet place with an International menu. The Mall that the front desk recomended is the nearest option for shopping. We have 4 different Malls in town and although deffinitively, we are not NYC; you can have good options to shop. Also, we don't have a shuttle service to take people downtown and back, the concierge offered the Hotel Van to take you downtown as she noticed you were in a hurry and that was the easiest way to take you there.

We will personally speak to the front desk staff and work harder on the trainning. Thank you again for the time to upload your comments and best regards.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The views from the bedrooms of the city are spectacular. There is a pool (that I did not use) but it looks decent. The beds are great! I slept very well. Very clean. The only thing I thought was weird is the bathroom was very open... not really any privacy, but it was do-able. I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel and the waffles in the morning for breakfast were delicious.

**Also, my dad and I were hungry after dinner hours and we went to the bar/dining area on the reception floor. We didn't want anything on the little menu they have, but the waiter asked if we liked quesadillas and said they could make one for us. It was the best quesadilla I've every had!! We didn't even know what kind it would be, but he brought out a Shrimp Quesadilla and I almost died and went to heaven! I've eaten many quesadillas in my life, but this one!? Spectacular. They should put it on the real "menu."

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Marco Antonio M, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Queretaro Diamante, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Good day amy S

It really is great to read comments like yours, we try our best everyday to fulfill our guests needs and offer an excellent stay. I forwarded your comment to all the areas involved and this really helps us to work even harder.

Thank you so much again and we long to have you back soon in your home away from home. Crowne Plaza Queretaro.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great rooms, lots of space. Good - high level for Mexico. Restaurant is good and plates are really big. service is nice and polite.
My problem was the internet - wifi did not really work at all. TV had quite a lot of "snow" in the display
Breakfast was great if I compare this with some other south US and mexican hotels.

I can recommend the hotel - good service, clean, nice view from the rooms over the full city.

Room Tip: book the rooms with the view above the full city.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Marco Antonio M, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Queretaro Diamante, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Good day simrokkzz

We really want to thank you for your comments, last week we replaced some WiFi Antennas and maybe that is why you experienced a hard time. We hope these new systems will provide an excellent and continuous signal and WiFi will always be working properly from now on. Thank you again for your time and we long to have you back soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Great rooms, lots of space. Very nicely done. Restaurant is good, very good service.
The issues are that the internet is horrible. Does not work at all. TV stations are terrible. Many with no sound. But in general I always stay here it's a good location

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank marc203
Marco Antonio M, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Queretaro Diamante, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Good day Marc203

We want to thank you for the time to upload your comments, its very important for us to read the real feelings of our guests and this helps us a lot to improve. I totally understand your comments about the Internet, we've been working since last week in a relocation of the antennas and the service has been coming and going. It is all set up now and the service is working ok. We really hope to have you back soon to notice it. I'll take personal care of the TV stations and find out what is the problem.

Thank you again for your comments and we long to have you back soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

great value for the money paid. close to the city center, fantastic views of the city. The restaurant is very good. Breakfast is top notch, with mexican specialties, omelette station, fresh fruit etc.. they also do a good job at night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Marco Antonio M, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Queretaro Diamante, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear DrThop

Thank you so much for your comments, it really is a breath of fresh air when we read something like that, we do every effort to fulfill our client's needs and it´s amazing when we notice people checks out of the Hotel with good memories.

We long to see you back soon.