“Great Experience!”
Review of La Casa del Atrio

La Casa del Atrio
Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Queretaro City
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Great B&B/Boutique Hotel in a terrific location: it is walking distance from the center of the city and all the great bars. Terrific interior patios for eating breakfast, relaxing, and checking out the internet. Absolutely amazing breakfast: it is included in the price of the room and it was huge! Rosa's cooking is delicious, and she is so flexible with changing your breakfast time as needed. Very friendly and accommodating hosts with great service all around. We had a wonderful experience and we highly recommend La Casa del Atrio for those looking for a hotel in Queretaro.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2, it was beautifully appointed with modern decorations and a comfortable bed. Fla...
1  Thank 3DreamingRabbits

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I spent 3 weeks for business (1/22 - 2/10) and I could not have asked for a better place to stay. It is located right downtown Queretro and I felt safe and secure wandering around by myself. The staff is wonderful and the service goes beyond expectations (I did threaten to take Rosa home with me....) The rooms are extremely spacious and everything is exceptionally clean. It was a perfect place to come home to after a long day at work. I can not say enough about La Casa del Atrio and the team that keeps that place going. I just hope and cross my fingers that they will have a room available when I come back.

Thanks for everything!
Britta

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Britta P
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We searched for a place for our first evening on the road in Mexico and we had our dog with us....and when we spoke with the guys at La Casa del Atrio...we couldn't WAIT to get there and IT was BETTER than we had ever anticipated! It felt like we were 'HOME'. Warm and Comfortable, the surroundings exquisite and the hosts just wonderful!
I never thought I would find such a great place from Bringfido.com
We walked through this 3oo year old city and sat and enjoyed dinner on a plaza..it could not have been more welcoming.
Pepe and Antonio and staff...helped us with whatever we needed. I probably looked a bit frazzled when I rang the doorbell, but they knew how to calm me and assure me that we were at the right place and everything was ready and waiting for us. Our room was fantastic! It was my husbands birthday and we relaxed quickly and had a most glorious visit. We made another reservation for our way back to home and NOW we knew how good it was....and they still exceeded our expectations!!! THANK you! WE will see you AGAIN and AGAIN! Karen & Greg and Maggie

Room Tip: Everyroom is great...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I are staying at the Casa del Atrio for a two night stay during our visit to Queretero. Our room (#2) is spacious with exposed stone walls, a very high ceiling and a sky light. It is nicely decorated with a comfortable king size bed. There is a flat screen TV that gets CNN International in English (in case you're a political junkie like me). There is also a telephone. This is our first Mexican B&B with a TV and telephone in the room. The bathroom is modern and well appointed with a stone bowl sink and a large walk-in rain shower. (There was no hair dryer, but one was provided immediately when I requested it). Although we needed neither at this time of year, the bedrooms are equipped with heat, air conditioning and a ceiling fan. There is free wi-fi in the bedrooms and common areas. Our room was very quiet during the night with no street noise.

We were met by Antonio, one of the owners, at check in. He let me practice my Spanish, but he speaks perfect, excellent English, having attended a bilingual school in Mexico City and having lived in NYC for five years. He took the time to give us a map of the historic center of the city (where the B&B is located) and marked off the location of several restaurants.

Breakfast was generous with fresh fruit, fresh orange juice, yogurt, granola, a homemade cake and eggs made to order. Although breakfast is usally served from 9 - 11:00, some visiting business people were being accomodated with a 7:30 AM breakfast. From other comments and our own experience, it is my impression that Antonio and Pepe will go out of their way to satisfy all reasonable requests.

The B&B is in an old colonial Mexican building with lovely interior courtyards. The owners, Antonio and Pepe also run a gallery of interesting, eclectic objects for sale on site.

The Casa del Atrio is located across from the Church of San Augustin and is in walking distance of all the major museums and plazas. We even walked up to the end of the historic center for a view of the aqueduct which was started in 1726. It was about a 20 minute taxi ride from the Queretero inter city bus station. (BTW, first class bus is an excellent way to travel around the Bajio. We used Primera Plus.)

Room Tip: Even though our room (#2) was close to the registration desk, we were not bothered by any noise and...
1  Thank JustOneBoomer
Reviewed 14 February 2012

My husband and I just stayed there last week for a few days. The week of February 6, 2012. From the first time I called to make my reservation Antonio was very friendly and courteous. When we arrived to the hotel they were already expecting us. We had only planned on staying one night but after we saw the hotel we decided on 2 nights and ended up staying 3 nights. That will tell you how impressed we were. Antonio is an excellent host and gave us great information on where to go and where to eat.
Breakfast is made to order and it was delicious. Rosa, the cook, is very nice and friendly. She will accommodate any of your requests and will even arrive early to give you breakfast before you have to leave. My husband just wanted to bring her back with us. : ) In a good way!
The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. Its quiet and very clean. You will not be disappointed. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Room 2 has a sun roof. Room 3 has 2 beds!
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Wonderful owners (on site). Attentive and informative. great breakfast included. Pet friendly. Parking included. I could go on and on. Well ok. beautifully decorated and designed. In historic center of town.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We spent a week at La Casa del Atrio. Upon arrival and after seeing the huge, old age, wood front doors, we were concerned about the possible condition of that hotel. But DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER...the hotel was very nice inside, indeed. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. The service was outstanding! Rosa, the cook and Rigo, a helper, were super friendly and wanted to make sure that we felt at home. The managers, Antonio and Pepe, made every possible effort to answer all our questions & help in any possible way. We even borrowed a GPS for our road trips. Phone calls to the US are free. We had good breakfasts every morning with freshly squeezed orange juice. Our visit was during Xmas and it turned out wonderful! It was a great time to visit the city and surrounding areas! This boutique hotel offers a very pleasant environment and it has an antique shop with lots of beautiful items. We were extremely pleased in every way. Our stay was wonderful because of this place and its people. We will stay there again if we have another opportunity to go back. Book your stay without hesitation, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: We had room #1, which is very comfortable and spacious. It also has a sunroof that provides early m...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple