“Perfect Location”
Review of La Casa del Atrio

La Casa del Atrio
Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Queretaro City
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We spent the weekend in Queretaro to celebrate an anniversary. La Casa del Atrio was perfect. It was close to everything in the centro yet still private and quiet. We stayed in room two with the brick walls and it was very romantic though next time I might choose one of the ones in back with the garden entrance. Breakfast was substantial and delicious and Rosa, our server, charming. There were lots of little details that made it special for us.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 May 2012

There is not one negative thing I have to say about this hotel. Upon arrival, we were immediately greeted by staff who were extremely helpful and welcoming. We were shown inside the lobby area which is tastefully decorated with a large variety of eclectic art pieces which are all available for purchase. The hotel owner gave us a map of the city and highlighted some great local restaurants. Our room was fabuous. High ceilings, gorgeous artwork, a skylight, a beautiful stone shower, and the most comfortable bed I slept in during my time in Mexico. The owners had thought of everything down to the smallest detail ... a container of q-tips in the bathroom and lavendar sleep mist for your pillow, for example. The hotel contained multiple beautiful courtyard areas with a fountain, beautiful flowers, and unique architecture. It was an incredibly relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. We were served breakfast in one of the courtyards, which was absolutely fabulous. Coffee, juice, yogurt, granola, and a delicious array of fresh fruit were served immediately when we sat down. Then we were given a menu of a large variety of traditional Mexican and American breakfasts to choose from. I had the french toast, and my husband had the chilaquiles (probably spelled wrong.) Both delicious!! The hotel also had a great location in the "historic centro" of Queretaro, across the street from the Museo de Arte and within a short walking distance of most of Queretaro's major attractions. Highly recommend .... I usually don't stay anywhere this nice but the value of $125 per night was just spectacular!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The B&B is ideally located to allow access to many restaurants and site seeing. The rooms are very nice - each has a unique design that is artistically completed. The staff made me feel at home - if we had any questions they were quick to provide thorough answers about the city.
The rooms do not provide a strong wireless signal - however I was able to sit outside and work easily. While there the staff came by and offered me refreshment - very nice.
My only complaint was that there was no gym available. I was promised that I would be provided with the information in advance during my next stay.
I will definitely stay there again during my next trip to Queretaro.

Room Tip: Only five rooms (maybe six). All are good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Joseph P
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The staff consistently went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. I cannot stress enough how much that is true. It's also a beautiful find in the middle of the historic center. Location is perfect for walking all over the area. The breakfast was simply phenomenal- thanks, Rosa! There is an antique shop in front, large, high ceiling rooms and lovely courtyards in the middle. Top Notch!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Will P
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Definitely one of the nicest places Ive stayed in. The managers were lovely and very helpful, he even offered to help carry my backpack three blocks up the road at checkout! The breakfast was very tasty and filling. Would recommend this place to anyone coming to Queretaro who is looking for upmarket accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea N
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I was recently in town on business for a week and stayed at Casa del Atrio ... i was very pleased with the room, the staff was very helpful, arranging fantastic breakfasts and helping me with taxi service, reservations and communications, etc. Antonio, Pepe, Rosa were always available to me and made me feel like a guest in their home. I will not stay anywhere else in Queretaro.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony L
Reviewed 10 March 2012

All of the reviews below speak of the beauty of the hotel, the great location and Rosa's wonderful treatment of you as she prepares your breakfast. I want to remark upon the great personal attention afforded by Antonio. We arrived late (11 pm) and he answered the bell without delay, welcomed us, showed us the room and the facilities and directed us to the nearest OXXO to pick up some refreshments before closing time. I had forgotten some of my medication and he escorted me to the nearest pharmacy and assisted me in finding a low cost generic alternative to the more expensive brand name. He directed me to a local barber shop where I got the best haircut of my life for 50 pesos. He pointed out places on a map so that I had a variety of choices of good restaurants. He arranged very good transportation from Queretaro to our next stop in San Miguel de Allende. He immediately emailed me that I had left a camera battery charger behind and took the time to deliver it me by DHL in San Miguel. I went to Costco in Queretaro to buy provisions for our house stay in San Miguel and he made room in his refrigerator to store the cold items overnight. There is very little I imagine he would not do to make your stay absolutely perfect.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple