“A hidden gem in the center of Queretaro” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Casa del Naranjo Hotel Boutique

La Casa del Naranjo Hotel Boutique
Ranked #16 of 94 Hotels in Queretaro City
San Antonio, Texas
“A hidden gem in the center of Queretaro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I travel a lot to Qro from the USA. I have stayed in various Hotels both big and small. I thought on this visit I would try somewhere different and stumbled across La Casa Del Naranjo....and i'm glad I did. It's a wonderful, small boutique Hotel with all the trimmings you'd expect at 5 star establishments. The owner, a lovely, happy lady went out of her way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Although no Restaurant as such, I was offered a hot meal when I arrived, which I though was nice because it was 10:30pm. All the details were there, right down to the soap matching the decor of my suite, which was Peach!. Service was fantastically friendly. I was also taken (at no cost) on a day out to Pena' Bernal by some members of staff, another nice touch. I will definitely return as I felt very much at home here. great value for money!

Room Tip: I spent one night in the Naranjo suite which really is beautiful, shame I was alone! (lol)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Simon C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Hello travelers,

Normally I'm not the review kind of a person. But I really want to share this one with you all.

This hotel blew my mind. The location, rooms and personel are something else. They were very willing to help me out finding interesting places. The bar/restaurant is great with an amazing kitchen.

I was there on a business trip, but definitely would like to return with my wife.

Two thumbs up for this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Saint-Germain-en-Laye, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed for one week while attending a professional conference in the Naranjo room. The hotel was wonderful. The location was perfectly centralized but not in the noise of the center square. The interior of the hotel was very beautiful with terraces and gardins, open to the sky. I would rise early in the morning and practice t'ai chi on the terrace under the stars. Breakfast was excellent and on the last day I requested a special mexican dish which was prepared for just for me. The hostess was also very helpful even sending one of her employees to the pharmacy with me when I needed something but did not have the spanish skills to explain it. I regret that I did not have time to use the bicycles that were available at the hotel. I am sure that I will come back with my family.

Room Tip: My room was very large and comfortable, almost a suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kevin O
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Casa Del Naranjo is an interesting small hotel, made inviting by a friendly and helpful staff. But the two rooms we stayed in were far too over-decorated and under-lighted to create a truly comfortable setting for guests. The Moroccan themed Ciruelo suite was very dark and overloaded with kitschy light fixtures and beaded curtains. But the sheets were clean and good. The water hot and the shower strong. Many nice things to recommend this hotel, but a purge of knick-knacky decor touches would lend a welcome sense of space and light to the rooms.

Room Tip: Ciruelo suite is dark and includes a pretty useless "sitting" room filled with cushions.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Racine, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

The patios are relaxing, the hot breakfast is impressive with menu selections, and the roof top
is a great place to relax. Select a room far from the main hallway and office. Also, the website should include a precise map were the included parking is located. La Casa del Naranjo is located on a busy and narrow street so there is no way to stop and ask where to park without jamming up the traffic for blocks.
The inn is well located. Park your car and forget about it. You can walk through the entire Historic Center without a problem. The city is vibrant with family activities and very clean.

Room Tip: Don't take the room called La Vid. It's on the main hallway between the office and the rest...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SraWagner
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

We spent a very nice weekend here. Our room was El Manzano and our travel companions were in La Vid, both on the main floor. La Vid’s door and window open onto the main walkway and one of the patio areas, which meant increased noise for the residents in that room. An upstairs room might be preferable, or the ones at the end of the hallway (Manzano and Durazno). The rooms were nicely decorated, the bedding very clean, there were large towels and full-size containers of body wash, shampoo, and hand lotion. The water pressure was excellent, although it took a full 5 minutes for the hot water to reach our rooms. Breakfast was a choice of delicious spicy ham and eggs, or hot cakes with honey, or yogurt and muesli. Also included were tasty toasted whole grain bread, fresh squeezed juice, coffee and tea. There were a number of pleasant sitting areas on both levels and beverage/bar service was available by making a request at the desk. Parking was confusing and frustrating – we tried repeatedly to get information in advance, but were told not to worry about it and just come to the hotel (for which we also could not get directions). There was nowhere to pull the car off to the side when we arrived and traffic was heavy so we parked in the only parking garage we could find nearby, which was not the correct one. We walked to the hotel from there and were given directions to the correct parking location, but the directions were wrong (wrong directions on one-way streets), eventually we found it. When we left at 9:30 on Sunday morning the parking location was closed, but a call to the hotel brought someone to open up for us within 10 minutes. By the way, the young ladies at the front desk speak English very well and were very helpful in giving restaurant recommendations and arranging for cabs. This is a lovely, interesting place in a great location, but as is the case with many of these places with inner courtyards and rustic doors and windows, you will hear the other guests as they move about. It’s very close to the heart of the city, yet is designed in such a way that it’s a retreat from the activity of the city.

Room Tip: La Vid’s door and window open onto the main walkway and one of the patio areas, which meant increase...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine8000
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Somehow they managed to create a new guest room, a seventh one, called Arrayán, and when I walked in my jaw dropped. The decor is just amazing, very tastefully done and quite Mexican in flavor. There are accent lights galore, and when you turn them all on the room is almost too bright. (How often do you find that?) Turn off the main light but turn on all the accent lights, and you have a most romantic look, and I found that level ideal for reading.

The bathroom, again, tastefully decorated and well lit, with a rainfall shower head I was tempted to take home with me.

The bed has a very deep, soft mattress which I found quite comfortable - but then I like the firm ones too. So deep the sheets barely managed to tuck in under the bottom, so they needed a bit of straightening before bedtime. No big deal. I noticed there were four slightly different pillows (not including the decorative ones), meaning it was easy to find a favorite among them. Nice touch.

WiFi signal was excellent (5/5), and when I reported a problem with the internet one day, before I knew it they had some people over to fix it. (Probably a simple matter of rebooting the router; a common problem.)

The room is on the interior of the building, with curtained (and closable) windows to the corridor and fresh air from above. I kept the main window open but curtains drawn, and didn't mind the occasional noise from people walking by. I get the sense this is one of their smaller rooms, but it sure didn't feel small. A very high ceiling gives it a spacious feel.

Breakfast was generally excellent (I think I got a full two eggs each day, maybe more), though the coffee was a bit sour the first morning (bad batch?); it was fine after that. Staff was friendly and helpful.

And the hotel's location couldn't be any better - a quick walk to everything.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo