“Charming, relaxing boutique hotel”

El Serafin Hotel Boutique
Ranked #1 of 55 Queretaro City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I recently visited our son who is doing an immersion program in Queretaro. We were warmly welcomed by the staff, well-cared for during our stay, and would definitely return. There are only 14 rooms, and most of them have a lot of light, good accommodations, and the free breakfast always looked and tasted great. There are rooms for families, for couples, for business travelers, etc. We liked that the hotel was quiet, VERY close to the main activities in Historico Centro, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a get away in a quaint part of Mexico that feels like a Spanish colonial town. We loved our week in Queretaro and the surrounding area, and El Serafin was a big part of our enjoyment. P.S. They had a free tequila tasting station that may have added a few bonus points to our review. :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor get more light.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2013

When I arrived at the hotel I was helped to my room and hanging from the door was a welcome sign with my name. I stayed in the lluvia room, at least 20 feet high ceilings, a sitting room, and a prime location within the hotel...I would strongly recommend this room. At one point in the stay my door handle had broken but I reported it that it was not working properly and within a couple hours it was fixed.

The staff at the front desk was always attentive to all of my needs. The breakfast each day was wonderful. I was in Queretaro for a conference and several of my friends staying at other hotels complained about the food each morning-this was never a problem at el Serafin. Amazing breakfast, clean rooms, classy, and quaint.

Thank you everyone for making this a memorable stay. I could not imagine staying somewhere else in Queretaro.

Room Tip: I stayed in lluvia, I think this might be the nicest room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed in the room, lluvia. The room was big and the bed was comfortable. The whole hotel was very clean. Great location, right in the center of all the action. Within walking distance to museums, restaurants and nightlife. The staff was extremely friendly and informative and went to great lengths to answer all of our questions. A light breakfast is included with the price of the room. Some great coffee, fruit, bread and yogurt. The only thing I can say that was wrong was that we did a late check out and they never cleaned our room during the day. But, apart from that minor thing, it is a fantastic hotel. When we return to Queretaro again, we'll definitely stay here and we highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good boutique hotel for a decent price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gringaenmexico
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The Centro Historico de Queretaro is fantastic: churches, museums, restaurants, parks, street life. If you are looking to explore and enjoy Queretaro, El Serafin is the ideal base. Easy parking, walk to everything, charming and immaculate place, very friendly staff. I recommend El Serafin and Queretaro very highly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2013

An extraordinary hotel, great location, excellent service, very comfortable rooms and beautiful common areas.
It works perfect for business and pleasure travel. The relation price experience is perfect. The best option in town.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Great location and beautiful grounds and rooms. A group of us stayed here for a wedding so I saw several rooms, most of which are unique and well appointed. Service at this hotel was outstanding. The only drawback preventing a perfect review is that there is no air conditioning and several rooms only have french doors (no windows) to get cool air in. Queretaro is cool at night but at this time of year it got to the mid-80's during the day so it never got comfortable at night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2012

the hotel is pretty but is too expensive, is clena but too simple.
the breakfast is too poor, they only give you some cockies and cofe, and all the homeless sleeps rigth outside the hotel, so is the first tihng you sow when you wake up.
they dont have hairdryer in the bedrooms.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple