“Mislead about Free Breakfast”
Review of NH Queretaro

NH Queretaro
Ranked #45 of 94 Hotels in Queretaro City
Mexico City, Mexico
“Mislead about Free Breakfast”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I booked last minute and not very pleased. The hotel is clean, modern looking and reasonable comfortable. I arrived around noon and told that a room would be ready in an hour. I waited for 2 hours and was told at that time maybe another hour. I went to the restaurant and had a VERY expensive but only so-so club sandwich. The waitress was excellent though! Afterwards, went back to reception and finally got checked in. I asked about the free breakfast buffet was that they advertise on their website and was informed of the restaurants hours.

I was exhausted and went upstairs to rest. The room was nice, very modern decor and quite small. About 7pm ordered room service. The person answering the phone spoke no English but we got the order taken, including that I wanted a glass with ice. He told me it would be 10 minutes. After 40 minutes I called back down there and they said again, 10 minutes. About 20 minutes later the platter showed up. I noticed my glass with ice did not come but at this point, was just happy to get my food so said nothing. However, as I was eating they must have remembered and he showed back up again with my glass/no ice! The meal was really good.

The next morning, I went down to the restaurant for the "free" buffet and it was ok, nothing to write home about. Lots of breads (though no butter) several cereals, a selection of fruits and 4 hot choices. When I finished eating, they brought me a bill for approximately $15 USD. I asked why as I was informed you get a free breakfast buffet on the hotel website and again at the front desk. I was told my rate did not include that. I saw no indication anywhere that I had a "special" rate that did not include breakfast and I did ask at the front desk and was told I DID get breakfast so..... oh well.

Another thing to note, there was no king beds so I accepted a 2 bed room, and ended up with 2 twin beds. So, be aware that you may be thinking 2 double beds as is standard in much of the world but at this hotel, 2 bed room actually means 2 twin size beds.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tammynnc

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel one night while travelling through Mexico. Price was decent. This is a newish hotel and very modern and "hip" like, which is not personally my style. Nevertheless, the room was clean, nice amenities, quiet and best of all was an awesome fresh and healthy breakfast included in the room rate. I would return here mostly because I liked the breakfast so much.
Service in the restaurant was good and friendly. Check in was a bit slow.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Mexico City
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Personnel is everything but attentive. I'm here to dictate a course and coffee break consisted on coffee (obvious) a bottle of 1.5 l of water and 5 pieces of sweet bread. They didn't want to serve coffee in the morning but until 11:30am. I forgot the projector in the meeting room, they called me to go and get it, instead of sending it to the room. They charge for wifi while in other similar hotels of its category is free. For every request I had to go down to the front desk. It is advertised with a pool that doesn't exist (on the official page that is).
I am avoiding NH over this experience. It's always the small details and attitude that count the most.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hoteles

2 Thank Luis M
Sergio G, Director General at NH Queretaro, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Mr.

On behalf of all the staff working in this your hotel, receive an affectionate greeting. The reason for this is to offer an apology for the inconveniences that were presented during your stay at NH Queretaro. We value your comments in regards to the lounges and the coffee break services rendered and we will take appropriate actions to prevent these from being repeated.

NH Queretaro would like to continue with your preference, please give us the opportunity to change the image you had during your last stay, It will be a great pleasure to have you as a future guest at our hotel.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This is a very modern hotel five minutes from downtown Queretaro. Taxi ride to downtown is about USD $4.00 each way for up to 3 persons. Large and comfortable rooms and sumptuous buffet breakfast. Very good service and modern facilities. Very enjoyable stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Veracruz, Mexico
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I liked the hotel, parking is charged at 1.75 DLLS (20 PESOS) 24 hours, amazing breakfast and included in the price book I travelocity at a price of 80 a night .... the only drawback is that across the street there a chicken-packing, very stink and when I reach the parking stinks horrible my wife was vomiting for everything else the hotel excellent
on one side of a cement hotel there I do not upset the noise but the week when working at best be very noisy

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple