“Top notch business hotel”

Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico
Ranked #23 of 94 Hotels in Queretaro City
Toronto, Canada
“Top notch business hotel”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've stayed in this hotel around 20 times over the past 5 years. I can count on checking in here to help smooth out my work trips.

The garden patio with lime trees is a great place to enjoy a drink with dinner. Same with the horse saddle bar stools. The outdoor barbecue (for the meat eaters) puts out a great meal. I'd also suggest the Aztec Soup, but make sure you ask for it hot.

Rooms are always clean, and appropriate. Although wireless internet can be slow.

Staff works hard and are very polite. Never had a problem.

You can easily walk to downtown from this location, and you are close to several malls, including Liverpool. I have never had a problem walking around at night.

I've taken my girlfriend here and she enjoyed it as well.

If you are on business in the area, I highly suggest this hotel over other choices. Make sure your collecting your IHG points ;)

Room Tip: Garden view rooms away from the highway are a good choice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew3636

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Weston, Florida
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel is really close to the city center. The rooms are clean but the carpet looks old, its better if you stay on the back side of the hotel facing the school the ones facing the street are very noisy all day and all night. The pool are is nice but the service is terrible I gues the waiters do not like to serve in that area it takes forever to get the menus and when you get the food is cold.
They have breakfast buffet everyday if you go after 10:00 am its two for one monday and tuesday so its $100.00 pesos per person.
The internet is not as fast as the advertise,but it works. Room service is excelent.
The AC is extra noisy you can hear the one form next door, terrible

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AleAguilera
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear AleAguilera,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm truly delighted you liked our great and convenient locaiton. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise had caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and I have stayed here several times while visiting her parents and extended family in Queretaro. As is often the case with international Holiday Inns, this one is nicer and much less a "cookie cutter" version of US hotels from the same chain. It has nice indoor and outdoor areas and the rooms, while not spectacular, are more than adequate for a comfortable stay, whether on business or leisure.

The service is very good and as is typical in Mexico, very gracious, whether in the reception, bars or room service. We tried room service for breakfast three times during our most recent stay and the service was prompt (less than 20 minutes) and the food quality was excellent (we had the Holiday Inn breakfast with chilaquiles, then "huevos rancheros", and finally my favorite, "huevos nortenos" (scrambled eggs with dried beef from the north of Mexico).

The Internet was possibly my only slight complaint - I tended to get "kicked out" quite a bit and had to log in again, both when using Wi-Fi and wired. But all in all, given that the service was free, I should not complain and I got my work done 100%.

The location, as others have already said, is close to the historic center (a real gem, and recognized as such since it is a Unesco World Heritage Site), and about 30 min's from Queretaro's airport (QRO), with non-stop flights to Houston and Dallas among else.

All in all, a solid choice for people who like predictable hotels while still enjoying a unique property that doesn't feel like the average U.S. Holiday Inn. We look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool/garden side if concerned about traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TraderBo
whitewarriorqro, General Manager at Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear TraderBo:
Thank you so much for your ample review! We are very happy to know you have been with us several times and have enjoyed of our wonderful food and caring service. It is great to know that we have achieved our goal on fulfillng the requirements of both our guests coming for leisure as well as the ones who are in Queretaro on business.
May I comment that the areas where internet were not on optimun status will be supplied with new antenas shortly.
Please let us know of your next visit to Queretaro, we want you to keep on feeling of Holiday Inn Queretaro,. Centro Historico as your home away from home.
Hasta la vista,
Mexico
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Holiday Inn Queretaro is conveniently located closet o downtown and highway. The traffic in the mornings can be heavy.
Hotel is next to the road, s it can be somewhat noisy.
This is a good business class hotel, with upscale amenities for this type of lodges.
Service is not that great, but is efficient. Perhaps a little better service attitude would help a lot.
Hotel is large and divided in different sections. For foreigners, it must be nice as décor is Mexican.
Rooms are large, and well appointed. There are some problems at night with sounds from the street and neighboring rooms.
Breakfast is good but expensive. We had a preferential price as part of our corporate rate and was not even cheap.
At nights some parts are dark and seem a little bit scary.
We did not have dinner at the hotel, downtown is close, do yourself a favor and dine there.

Room Tip: Check where your room is, walks can be very long.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bbffpp
whitewarriorqro, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear BBFFPP Thank you for your review on Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico it is important for us to know how guests experience lodging at Hotel. we are sorry for service was not you expected but We´ll work hard on it and hope to see you back soon. Radai Contreras Guest Services Manager
Maumee, Ohio
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Holiday Inn Centro Historico - Stayed 2 weeks, checked out Dec. 13, 2013, 4 out of 5 stars, I stay here often for work (6 – 8 wks total a yr.) , food is good – better in patio (BBQ nights), hot breakfast is little pricey but good selection. Great staff that very helpful/ attentive to traveling needs. Gym is nice but could be maintained a little better. Location is great – close to old town square. I’ve stayed at the Holiday Inn on the hill and Double Tree (both in Queretaro) Like Centro Historico the best. 

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
whitewarriorqro, General Manager at Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Tony R
We are glad to hear your comments and thak you for sharing them with us. We will keep doing our best to fullfill our valued guests needs and improve our facilities to be always on your mind for your future trips to Queretaro. Sincerely Blanca Guerrero General Manager
Frisco, texas
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights on a short vacation. Got upgraded to the Executive King room, which is next door to the main building. The rooms were very nice, and quiet, and very clean and comfortable. The breakfast (included for us) was great; lots of variety and lots of tasty food. Well worth staying here. Staff were very nice and helpful.
The staff told us it was 15 minutes walk to the Centro historico, but it as more like 30 minutes or so. Pleasant walk there; took the local bus #38 back, which dropped us right outside the hotel. They have free shuttle to/from the airport which is very nice touch and convenient, as the airport is at least 30 minutes away without traffic.
Only issue I had was in the room, I could not figure out how to turn on the overhead lights, called the staff and they said they woudl send someone over, but nobody showed up. Lights came on after I turned on the AC system, and waited a little.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the construction (they are renovating some rooms by the pool area); ask for...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
whitewarriorqro, Director General at Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Alikarim:
Thank you for having chosen Holiday Inn Queretaro, Centro HIstorico for your vacation in Queretaro.
I have shared your comment with our staff, as your candid feedback helps us to know what to continue doing well and what to improve.
Please on your next visit to beautful Queretaro, World Heritage Site named by UNESCO consider Holiday Inn Queretaro, Centro HIstorico as your home away from home.
Kindest regards!
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Fairly nice hotel but with some business practices that are questionable. I have a negotiated rate that they often do not respect. They respect their rate only when their occupation is low. Today see on line that my "special rate" is higher than the rate that they offer to the public at large.

The people always treat me pretty well, but I would avoid this hotel if you are looking for a corporate rate. Next week (like last week) I will be staying at Hacienda Jurica and I will be pursuing a corporate rate with them.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike H
whitewarriorqro, Director General at Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Mike H:
Please receive our sincere apologies if we have committed any mistake with your negotiated rate.
if you would kindly supply further details about your experience I will be very glad to review the case and make the corrections requiered.
Thank you very much for your feedback as it helps us in our quest of supplying our guests the best room offer in this beautiful city of Queretaro.
My emial is: gerencia@hiqcentro.com.mx