“Great Hotel and Staff”

Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Queretaro City
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel and Staff”
Reviewed 11 February 2009

I stayed here for 8 weeks And loved every minute of it the staff were very helpful. The location is just a 10 minute walk from the historic centre. I felt very safe in the city.The nightlife in the city is very good with many bars and clubs

Stayed May 2008, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2008

I stayed at this property on business for 4-days. Overall, the property is beautiful, the staff exceptional, and the hotel restaurant was good. The hotel is centrally located, and is convenient to the downtown historic sites. Taxi fare to historic distric is approximately $3.00 USD.

If I had any complaint, it would be that the road traffic is very prevalant in the room...to the point of large trucks waking me up at 2:00 AM.

• Stayed October 2008
1 Thank Lifeontheroad
suzbcruiser
Reviewed 11 October 2008

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. I was very impressed from the first moment I walked into the lobby. My Spanish is very limited and I had a friend with me that lives in Mexico City so I was able to use her as a translator if needed, but rarely used her as most people spoke English.

Check in was very fast and efficient. I was informed that the category of room I booked was not available and that I was being upgraded to an Executive suite for the same price. The Executive Suites are not in the main building. They are right across the main drive. I felt very secure walking to them by myself at 2am. The rooms were ample in space and VERY comfortable. There were 2 bottles of water waiting for me when I arrived in the room. The bottles were replenished each day for $1 a bottle.

Room service was very quick and accurate. The restaurant was very good and the breakfast buffet was plentiful and tasty. Every morning the staff was extremely friendly and very attentive.

Check out was just as efficient as check in. No problems at all! I would definitely stay at the Holiday Inn again!

• Liked — The Executive Suite, extremely comfortable.
  • Disliked — There is no 24 hour room service.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
Reviewed 20 June 2007

I have stayed in this Hotel on and off since Feb 2007(12 weeks in all). The rooms are standard Holiday Inn pretty much as you would find the world over and clean. The main areas of Bar and restaurant consist of very nice architecture, the bar/restaurant staff are excellent and the food is good with a full choice of Mexican and continental for breakfast. The pool is very good always clean. Watch for the sun it is very strong and you will burn.
generally the Hotel is Busy with Business travellers during the week with a mix of |Mexicans on weekends.
Only a 5-10 minute taxi ride into town (30-35 pesos), you can walk to the local mall, market or Downtown all around 20 minutes. A great city safe,friendly and excellent restaurants.

Stayed June 2007
Eastern Iowa
Reviewed 18 June 2007

My check in experience was not good. I had to wait 15 minutes while they checked to see if my room was clean even though it was 3:30 pm. When they finally figured out it was ready I went to my room to find out they were still cleaning it. I needed some help from the business office for a ride to the airport in the morning only to find the secretary was on her two hour lunch and she is the only person who can schedule it. When I checked out in the morning it took 20 minutes to check out. I know the Mexican pace is much slower than in the US but this place was ridiculous! The upside to this hotel is great internet acess and a wonderfull restaurant. I'll probably give this one another shot, but be warned about the slow staff.

• Liked — The restaurant
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
Reviewed 25 January 2007

I was expecting a five star resort based on the pictures, but when I got there, it was just a hotel off of the highway, and I was very disappointed, especially since our rate came to $220/night. It was just a regular hotel, and the rates were very expensive for such. We were with Mexican citizens, and they were able to get the price reduced by $40 for each room we had after a lengthy discussion wiht the manager. That was unethical of them to over charge us to begin with. This hotel is not worth more than $100/night, and our rate was twice that, and they were not willing to go below $170/night, so we left the next day. Note: had they just had their rates under $100, which is where it should have been, then I would have rated this four stars. Also, this is not in walking distance to the historic district, so I would not recommend this hotel if you wanted to be closer to the historic district.

• Disliked — The Price. This was a three star hotel, and somehow we were fooled that it was a five star
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank LostOrders191
Denver, CO
Reviewed 13 September 2005

This is a great hotel for the business traveler. The people who wrote the other reviews thought they were on their way to Cancun for kids week. Seriously, great food, nice room and gym, relaxed atmosphere, good Mexican culture and people. It's a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2005