“Great service and food!”
Review of Erlum

Erlum
Ranked #27 of 944 Restaurants in Queretaro City
Price range: US$8 - US$11
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This restaurant is in the old quarters and was a suprise. I enjoyed the califlower soup and the chicken main dish. It actually reminded me on my moms home cooking. You can't go wrong if you are looking for a home cooked meal with grea service. They also had great artisan beer.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Dinner at Erlum was included in a package we purchased from a B&B we were staying at. We had a wonderful three course meal with a bottle of wine. Violet the hostess was very friendly and helpful. Brendan came out to our table, introduced himself, and asked if we had any dietary concerns. He also offered to create our meal based on our preferences. Very classy. We were very happy with the selections on the menu. We started with cream of potato soup and cesar salad, main course :cheeseburger and pork shank. For our desert peach pie and chocolate cake with butter cream frosting. Well,they had us with the freshly baked bread with our appetizers.We had to compliment the pastry chef. Carla the pastry chef is also Brendan's wife.We told her the bread was to die for.It was so good we ordered to loafs to take home with us.We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and Erlum was the perfect choice. Thank you Erlum!

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We came across this restaurant while walking around downtown Queretaro looking for a place to eat, the service waa great the food was excelent and the price was reasonable.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I have never written a restaurant review: taste in food is much too subjective.

But I make an exception for Erlum because of the excellence of all the externals (setting, linen napkins, friendliness of staff, owners, and chef). I have been there almost a dozen times and always bring friends/other tourists with me as the best restaurant in Queretaro (and they all agree).

I could list the dishes I have liked (almost all of them but my tastes are likely idiosyncratic) but the breads and soups do stand out.

And English is spoken (if that matters.)

Erlum is my "local" (as in pub). You'll love it without breaking the bank.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Wanting somewhere to eat that wasn't the usual tacos and melted cheese dishes, we found this resto on TA. And only 4 blocks from our hotel. A great find. Here is a chef who creates dishes from local fresh ingredients, bakes his own (delicious) bread and makes his dishes from scratch. Ambience is okay but quality of food and its presentation is exceptionally high for this price range. Wine is a bit overpriced but the innovative aguas (I had cucumber and lemon) were delicious. Small (French sized) portions but the lunch time menu was brilliant. Would love to go again tomorrow!