“Thinking of a third visit”
Review of Tikua Sur Este

Tikua Sur Este
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Research, rescue and difusion of artisanal gastronomy of mexican south east, Yucatan, chiapas, Oaxaca, Campeche.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I was wondering the streets hear earlier this week and by luck ended up having a meal here. The service was flawless. I was encouraged to try some chapulines, grasshoppers, and I did but forget the exact name of the dish I ordered. It was excellent, but prior to taking the first bite I was skeptical/worried.

Today I returned with a group of friends and ordered enchiladas and amazing pina y helado de coco drink.

A special thanks to our waitress who helped translate menu items that I was unfamiliar with.

There are newer reviews for Tikua Sur Este

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was my third visit to this place (first was Business, then with my family and this last one to have a birthday meal with friends), has the full character of the southern food, classy and a wide variety in the menu could be found, not spicy unless awared and prices are fair enough to keep coming back, staff knows well enough all ingredients in the food and are kind to recomend the right beverage to go with, good enough if you are mexican just like me and makes a good impresion on foreigners, most people who don't like the place is because they are not brave enough, narrow minded or just don't ask for an english menu or don't ask what is on the food.

Place has a nice drink/beverages menu, and desserts are incredible; also all amenities are clean, food is fresh and at the end staff is always willing to change your dish in case you don't like it.

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

The menu is full of amazing food and prices are fair enough! Once you stay in Queretaro do not miss the chance to be there.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

This restaurant strives to be something great yet is just so-so. Bright lights, a staff which is not cognizant of what's on the menu, little knowledge of the wine or beer selection, and the entrees are about like an appetizer in size. Staff was considerate enough but this restaurant has a long way to go to achieve greatness.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

OK, it was a cold, windy, weekday night and all of QRO was quite, but this place (#1 in QRO) was dead. The service was very good, met the other reviews. I had the Queso Relleno (my mistake, was thinking it was a Chile Relleno, with cheese - I guess I should have broken down and gotten the english menu) and it wasn't good, to me, at all. The Cheese was very hard and didn't taste good. Again - I had never had this dish before, so it might awesome, I just didn't like it and the fact the cheese was so hard made me think it wasn't quite right. The prices were OK, a little higher than I would have liked, but not bad. Overall, for this 1 meal, I would rate La LLave, where I ate the night before, much better.