“British review”

Ranked #143 of 790 Restaurants in Queretaro City
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Lo mejor de la comida britanica en Queretaro. Abrimos toda la semana con el siguiente horario: Lunes a Jueves de 1:00 a 7:00 pm Viernes a Domingo de 1:00 a 8:00 pm
“British review”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I'm from the beach in England so I know my fish and chips!
Ok so this doesn't compare to England but it's better than any other fish and chips I tried in Queretaro and for the price it's very good. Homemade chips -
One time I went were very good and the second time not so good. I don't know why it takes 15 minutes to get to the table when it's so quick to deep fry food. I've already told them they need to serve mushy peas as an extra dish (can be from a tin if necessary).
It should be served with a yellow lemon instead of the little green one to be more authentic.
The place is great. Really relaxing and a homely feel.
We will visit once a month. (And also once a month we go to Bhaji for an English curry!!)

1 Thank Marcus L
rhobinn, Propietario at Fish & Chips, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Hey, thank you for the review...
Will try to improve with your comments...
we´re planning to add the peas and tartar sauce to our dishes
the other kind of lemon is going to be a bit difficult because those are expensive and there are few people who would really appreciate it like you :(
we´re trying to improve the serving time... but the slowest part are the chips which usually take around 12 mins to get cooked properly and we really dislike precooked of frozen chips...
This part of the year makes it specially hard to serve good chips because the rains alter the properties of potatoes and they burn at lower temperatures making it really difficult for us... we´re exploring options to fix that...

Queretaro City, Mexico
“Great experience”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Fish is really very good, in fact all dishes, service could be improved. I mean it takes some time to serve meal.

London, United Kingdom
“A Brit eating Fish and Chips”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This is a lovely little restaurant in a very strange location...but worth the visit. When a pregnant woman has a craving she will travel far and wide to experience what she needs from home. The Chips were perfect, handmade and crisp, the Fish...considering the price...$40 for 2 pieces was not bad but improvements could be made. The type of fish used was not the best...it really needed to be cod or haddock and I don't think it was either and the batter needed to be more crisp and bubbly...maybe use soda water in the batter to get the bubbles crispy. All in all service was great and friendly. I have to be critical as Fish and Chips is a staple in the UK and it needs to be right, this was a fair effort and I would definitely return.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank chiqui419
rhobinn, Propietario at Fish & Chips, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Hi, thank you for the review.

I'm glad you liked the place and the chips. About the fish we're already working on improving the batter, we use soda water but after a few hours the batter becomes flat, so were trying to do smaller batches. We have some other ideas to get a a consistent result but we havent tried them yet.

About the fish being cod or haddock there's not to much i can do about it :(. In Mexico you can only find dried and salted bacalao. To improve the dish maybe we could also use a fish with a stronger flavor than Mojarra. The prices would double and i know it wouldn't be the same but it could probably be an improvement.

Again, i really appreciate you comments, there is nothing better than good feedback from a british girl. I hope you will come back some day.

Erik