I have stayed in this Hotel around 35 times due to the fact that we have a business in the Centro Historico of Queretaro. Actually this Hotel was built after our business was running and I had the chance to visit this property before the construction. What they did is a really great architecture job. They mixed the the old building with modern and contemporary design.
The rooms are spacious and really clean. Service is very friendly. I will definitely recommend this hotel to be the best in the price vs quality department in Centro Historico. I have stayed in other 10 hotels in this area and this keeps being the best for me. I know there are other hotels like Marques which might be more attractive to some travelers because it is old colonial architecture but the rooms are as well old (not bad) and they don't have the moderns features you look for in a hotel room.
Their hotel restaurant is Comalli which is within the hotel limits facing the Plaza, its really good with its mexican food specialties.
If you want to get to know all the history of the Centro Historico everything is around in a 4 blocks radius.
Some facts to take in consideration are:
1. There is no pool.
2. You have the Cathedral in front of one of the hotel's side and on Saturdays and Sundays it gets really noisy. If you want a good sleep quality get rooms facing the Fountain Plaza, the other side of the Hotel faces another plaza which it is also noisy this days.
3. Their WiFi it is not free and you need to ask for a Modem at the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The place where the Gran Hotel de Querétaro was built in the XIX century was part of San Francisco Convent in colonial times.Gran Hotel de Querétaro is a 5 stars hotel, witness of important periods in Mexico’s history, who opened its doors on June 12th, 2006 for receive the tourist that enjoys staying in spacious and luxurious hotel room technology providing our guests the greatest comfort and service as well as value.The hotel has 42 beautiful, elegant, comfortable and spacious suites with an impressive view of Querétaro’s Downtown. All our elegant rooms have a contemporary design and equipped with a wide variety of services making your stay full of luxury and comfort. Additionally, all the hotel has a 24 hour closed-circuit television surveillance system for your security. "Gran Hotel de Querétaro" is a non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Hotel de Queretaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.