“nice place to stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kissimmee, Florida
“nice place to stay”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

This new Hampton Inn is excellent. The location is across the road from a mall and very near the airport as well as next to a major interstate highway. The beds are very comfortable and the entire place is very clean. The rooms are good size. The complimentary breakfast is excellent with many choices, hot and cold. This hotel is less expensive than the Hilton Garden Inn next door and much better in most ways. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank solivita512

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I am a Hilton Diamond Member, I stay at my share of Hiltons.

I Just stayed at the Hampton Inn. It is literally 50-75 yards from the Hilton Garden inn. This is another hilton and a level above this one. This is a fine Hampton inn. The breakfast is fine. The rooms are brand new, the staff was courteous. It is just the HIlton Garden is the same price, cooks breakfast to order. The breakfast buffet is a tad better than the hampton (you will pay for it if you are not a hhonors member of status)

The only other problem with the Hampton Inn was I was there on business. I had a conference call. the phone is on one end of the toom, the internet on the other! luckily there was enough cord, I could almost be comfortable talking on the phone with my laptop running. Guys! invest in a second phone or a longer cord!

I told the staff this on the way out. I will be interested in what happens..

Room Tip: Check the Hilton Garden in first.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Cass City, Michigan
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We (my husband and I)stayed at this hotel Hampton Inn in Horseheads/Elmira, NY for 5 nights. My husband had classes he attended during the day in the area. I have to say the room was wonderful! A nice little fridge and microwave, flat screen 32" tv, free newspaper each morning,free internet, and coffee pot made it very handy. The hardy breakfast with hot foods was beyond our expectations. Delicous fruits, cereals, waffles, hot oatmeal, and choice pastries each morning. There are numerous restaurants nearby and within walking distance. Room service was done by their sister property next door, The Hilton Garden, and was very prompt and delicous. The pool was ample size and the hottub was great! Very friendly staff morning and night. We did find that NY is a higher priced area then we're use to here in MI where we are from. A beautiful area we wished we had more time to explore, but business took most of our days. Given the time of year (November)we were there, we didn't have much daylight to go exploring. The hotel was right across the highway to a nice mall. So very handy lol...
I would definately stay there again if the opportunity came again.

Room Tip: Our room was toward the side of the building and it was on the quite side for street noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Georgia H
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I had an okay experience. The staff does their job but nothing out of the ordinary. I've not been very happy with Hilton to begin with and it seems all of their staff seem to be the same. The reservations and local staff don't work together etc. In the end we got there, but a headache all the way with my rewards stay.

There was no coffee in my room twice, they did not refill the soap (it was empty) and only my bed was made...

Room Tip: They are not good with upgrades and if you're only a silver member you don't get anything...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I had a great experience at the Hampton Inn Horseheads. The parking out front was well-lit, and the staff smiling and welcoming as I arrived.

My room had a very comfortable bed and felt fresh and modern. I liked the window treatment, and it did a good job of keeping the light out. Wireless internet was free and reliable.

The biggest drawback of this hotel is that it is situated near a lot of chain restaurants, but I didn't see much in the way of local flavor. Had dinner at a nearby Olive Garden. For work travel, it did the job and was a restful place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Virginia
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed this past weekend (3 nights) at this Hampton Inn at Horseheads, NY. It was so very quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Newspapers, both USA Today & the local ones were provided free for reading. Cable TV with multiple channels plus HBO, a microwave & a small fridge in the room. For some unknown reason we got a "handicap" room, so maybe that''s why it seemed bigger but it was really nice. A regular chair with a desk & desk chair plus free (they give you a password) for wi-fi & internet access. Breakfast was the "usual suspects", as my husband calls it.cold cereal, instant oatmeal, waffle maker, pastries, a few hot things but nothing that turned us on. The 2nd morning we ate at Light's Bakery in Elmira which is a great local joint. All in all, a very nice hotel centrally located to Corning & the western Finger Lakes Keuka and Seneca. We highly recommend this hotel. The staff was were very freindly & helpful. They even gave us some paper plates for the food we brought in from Sorgi's (great Italian restaurant in Corning) for dinner the 1st night.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 17 September 2011

While visiting a local college we stayed the night at this super clean and friendly hotel. We were pleased at the condition of the hotel and our room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horseheads
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Courtyard Elmira Horseheads
Courtyard Elmira Horseheads
#5 of 11 in Horseheads
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
#1 of 6 in Corning

Been to Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads? Share your experiences!