“Great hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn doing our trip to the Finger Lakes region. Excellent hotel with nice clean rooms, lobby, pool, etc. Breakfast was a bit awkard as didn't know if we were to serve ourself or not and the cook seemed to be overwhelmed but did an excellent job regardless. We would stay again on our next trip through there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you for your review. I apologize that the breakfast seemed confusing and we will work on making guest aware of how it works. It is great to hear that even though breakfast was very busy that the chefs were still able to keep up and put out great food. If your in the Horseheads area again we welcome you to return to the Hilton Garden Inn and as your first stay was great I can assure you that the rest of your stays will be great as well.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Excellent hotel. Very clean, NO bedbugs, friendly and helpful staff. Great stay, wished we could have stayed longer! VERY comfortable beds. Did not use facilities as our plans did not allow, however, we had a look and the equipment was up to date and in good shape!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your experience and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I typically enjoy Hilton Garden Inn hotels. However, the Horseheads location was below my expectations on this trip. I could hear the person in the next room snoring, so I had to turn on the fan to drown out that noise. The fan and air conditioning unit are also very noisy. Instead of getting my receipt under the door, I had to go to the front desk to check out ecause they lost my credit card information. This delayed my departure in the morning. Restaurant service for dinner was also a bit slower than normal on this trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I would like to take the opportunity to personally thank you for taking the time to respond to Hilton’s Corporate sponsored guest survey. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Elmira/Corning we take pride in providing ultimate guest service. We consider feedback from our guests the number one tool in achieving the highest quality of guest service.

Your comments have been personally viewed by myself and forwarded to members of our management team. We all appreciate your feedback and are making continuous improvements to exceed the expectations of our guests. I see that you scored us low in a few areas. I would like to find out additional information about your stay. Please contact me at your earliest convenience via phone or e-mail to discuss. We want to be sure everyone has a wonderful stay.

We value your business and hope that you consider the Hilton Garden Inn Elmira/Corning a home away from home. We look forward to seeing you during your future travels.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This facility is very clean, fresh and quiet. I arrived a bit earlier than I thought, but the hotel staff arranged an early check in efficiently.
I really liked the hotel restaurant(American Grill). We had dinner and breakfast there. Every dish was tasty. The favorite dish of ours should be some kind of flat bread with fruit, chicken and special sauce on it. We all loved it. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. I also liked the ambient with the electric candle light. The quality and quantity of the dishes definitely satisfied the hunger after a long day trip.
The location is also pleasant. Corning Glass Museum is about 10 minutes away and a big shopping mall is close by.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We want to be sure everyone has a wonderful stay.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We dropped my son @ binghamton on the way to the finger lakes, and the stay was very nice. The room came as we requested and was very clean. breakfest was complimetary because I'm a hilon honors gold member and was actually good. Everything in the hotel was very clean and the service was excellant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank You for your review. I am glad to hear that your room was a clean as expected. I am also glad to hear that your were welcomed as an Hhonors member and enjoyed one of the benefits which is the free breakfast buffet. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel was nice bright and airy. The room was large and clean. The pool was to cool for me. Also the hot tub was not hot. When we asked about it they said it was the air quality in the room not the water but the water was under 95 degrees. Because of this and price we will not be staying here again

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review. First I would like to apologize for the hot tub not being as hot as you would like. I would like you to know that the hot tub has since been fixed. I would welcome you to stay with us again and I can assure you will not have the same issues that you had with us before. Again thank you for your review and we will make sure that this is not an issue again for any other guest.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

My family and I decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn for our one night in Watkins Glen. We put all our luggage in our room and noticed a terrible smell. My husband went to the front desk to complain and came back with a key to another room. It took 3 trips to get all our luggage into our new room and we were asked by the manager if the new room was okay (he didn't help us move, of course). The new room smelled like bleach, so we said yes. We later found out that the room smelled like bleach because there was a pool under our room. When we bent over to pick things up, we realized the carpet is what stunk. My husband later asked the desk clerk for a discount on our bill, but she was clueless and just told him she'd ask the manager. Apparently, she didn't do this, because we ended up paying full price. Also, aside from the smell, the bathroom was pretty disgusting as well. I was really disgusted when I glanced at the lotion bottle the hotel provides and it was only half full. We couldn't leave this hotel soon enough! We were very disappointed in our stay and were very thankful we'd told the front desk we needed just one night. If you're staying in the area, there are a few hotels that look pretty nice. I can't recommend this one at all, unless you like living in someone else's filth for a pretty high price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Erik H
HGI_Elmira_Corning, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the unpleasant smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horseheads
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Courtyard Elmira Horseheads
Courtyard Elmira Horseheads
#6 of 11 in Horseheads
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Radisson Hotel Corning
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning? Share your experiences!