“Elmira HGI”

Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Friendly, helpful and caring staff. The assistant manager helped me to get better rate and room to make my stay my stay pleasant. Very good Gym but could add some free weights. Overall very comfortable peaceful feeling. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad the the assistant manager was able to help you out with anything that you needed. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Elmira/Corning we take pride in our great customer service and it is nice to hear that we are doing a good job!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

The Hotel was adequate, but we were given the wrong room type, and then told there was nothing they could or would do about, despite being Honors members. The Breakfast food was great, but the service was sub par.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for your review. First I would like to apologize for receiving the wrong room type. When things like this happen it is usually not an issue to give you the correct room type. I know that weekend was very busy and I can only assume the reason why your room could not be changed was due to availability. I do truly apologize for this mistake and moving forward we will review our reservations more carefully to ensure no other guests receives the wrong room type that was requested

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Plesant stay with helpful staff and a number of good amenities--pool and fitness center were very nice, albeit I didn't have a chance to use them. Located on a good east-west, north-south roadways for easy access to the Finger Lakes region.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review. I am very happy that your got to enjoy many of the amenities that we offer at the hotel. We look forward to your future stays with us and again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The staff here are great, pone of the best hotels I have stayed in ever! They treat you the way you would treat a VIP but they do it for every guest, smiling, friendly, and with a great attitude. I think that this hotel could be used as a model for others both within the brand and nation wide as how to treat guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I wanted to thank you for your great review! Great customer service starts with great staff and I am glad to hear that our staff is going above and beyond to ensure great service.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great experience and would recommend this hotel to anyone. We had stayed for 4 nights and our stay was quiet, comfortable, and relaxing. I have stayed at a number of hotels in the area and by far this place was the best bang for the buck. Overall I have no complaints and will staying here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

I just wanted to thank you so much for your great comments! I am glad to hear that everything was great and you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

A business trip saw us stay in Horseheads Hilton Garden Inn. This hotel is clean, bright and, well appointed. The lobby is comfortable with old local pictures hanging around the halls. Breakfast was cooked to order with nice wait staff. I enjoyed their breakfast!

And, now the issues.... A toilet seat that would not stay up. Bath water on full hot was too cold. Lastly, the air conditioning did not work. A note found on the room's desk on day 2 said I could move to a new room in another section.... Luckily, it was cool enough not to need to move... I opened a window and slept well.

With these issues fixed, a very nice hotel. I will repeat.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I do appoligize for the ac not working. Housekeeping found that issue when they went in to clean and we just wanted you to be aware when you got back. Those issue have since been fixed and we look forward to your next stay and I can assure you will not have issues like that again!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn doing our trip to the Finger Lakes region. Excellent hotel with nice clean rooms, lobby, pool, etc. Breakfast was a bit awkard as didn't know if we were to serve ourself or not and the cook seemed to be overwhelmed but did an excellent job regardless. We would stay again on our next trip through there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you for your review. I apologize that the breakfast seemed confusing and we will work on making guest aware of how it works. It is great to hear that even though breakfast was very busy that the chefs were still able to keep up and put out great food. If your in the Horseheads area again we welcome you to return to the Hilton Garden Inn and as your first stay was great I can assure you that the rest of your stays will be great as well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horseheads
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Courtyard Elmira Horseheads
Courtyard Elmira Horseheads
#6 of 11 in Horseheads
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Radisson Hotel Corning
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning? Share your experiences!