Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$107
US$109
US$89
CandlewoodSuites
US$94
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor(Horseheads)(Great Value!)
US$90
RodewayInn
US$110
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Room Service
All reviewsmade to order eggshilton gardengreat hotelred lobsterfront desk staffbreakfast buffetolive gardennice stayfinger lakeshot tubwatkins glencookieswould stay here againshopping mallnew yorkfitness centerclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We used the hotel for our 30th anniversary vow renewal and the service and help was outstanding. We spent the night in one of the rooms and everthing was good. Something in the area not the hotel got our allergies going. So we didn't sleep that well. So we decided to get dressed and go home and work out and shower there. We live in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI_Elmira_Corning, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and congratulations on your 30th wedding anniversary! Interrupted sleep can easily change a hotel stay from great to poor, and I’m so sorry that happened to you. I am happy to hear that you think our hotel is great! I hope you’ll come visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had an adequate stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Elmira/Corning. As others have noted, it is nicely located just off the highway near a shopping mall and just about every chain restaurant in existence.

The facility has two big pluses First, the lobby and public areas are very bright, open and welcoming. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the fitness room and the fact that everything was working (you can't say that about many hotels, at least the ones I stay in). Second, the front desk staff was welcoming and efficient, and responded to a request very quickly.

There are downsides - as noted by others, the soundproofing is very bad, if non-existent. We could hear the television in the room next door, not to mention hair dryers and showers running. Also, the HVAC system ran on very short cycles, and was very noisy. In order to hear the television, you had to turn it way up, which caused more noise once the HVAC cycled off. Given the soundproofing issue mentioned above, this made the noise problem that much worse.

In general I like Hilton Garden Inn's over Hampton Inn's because the rooms seem larger and brighter (whether they actually are or not I do not know). The room here, however, seemed dark and a little bit small - perhaps the size was an illusion brought on by the darkness. That being said, we had two very pleasant nights of sleep.

This hotel just didn't grab me - next time I'm in the area I will probably try the Hampton next door.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and cleanliness of the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service that exceeds our guest expectations. I do apologize about the noise. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly to discuss in detail. We hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

First off I am a gold Hilton member, with over 400K points. I have stayed at many hilton properties around the country. I have been to this particular property approximately five times over the years. Upon check in at 8:00 P.M. were were greeted by Natalie who was great. She quickly checked us in, and was very helpful, and accommodating. She was also of assistance later on during our visit as we stayed 3 nights this time. Nice job Natalie.
The first night our room 324 was above an air conditionaing unit. So the following morning I wanted to change our room, and I explained the reason why to Malinda (who works the front desk-days did) she told me I don't have much available on that floor right now but I do have a room near the elevator, so I decided to take it. However, she forgot to mention and I didn't realize that the ice machine and vending machine are also near the elevators.. Those Ice machines can be loud, so I happened to mention this to the housekeeping staff Betty. Who was extremely helpful and immediately took charge. She went downstairs to find me a room farther down the hall which was extremely quiet. She went totally out of her way above and beyond!!. Shirley who works in housekeeing was so very helpful. If it was not for Betty, most likely I would have been stuck with the room by the elevators which was partly my fault! However how could Betty in housekeeping find me a room more more quiet, when just 15 minutes earlier Malinda who works the front desk could not. Thank you Betty and Shirley. Also, as usual, all the rooms were spotless,and smelled clean! After B'fest in the morning as I was passing the front desk I happen to say in passing to Amanda who also works the front desk days if she had any upgrades for that night. I'm a gold member, so it never hurts to ask right.. She told me no, and rolled her eyes as I was passing her. Totally not the type of image Hilton wants to project I don't think. On another occassion I asker her something else. I felt that I was bothering this woman when I asked her something. Unpleasant people don't belong on the front desk. Just a comment! Overall, the place was great. The servers who worked the B'fest were great as usual.. I wish I remembered the names. Job well done to them, especially since it was a very hectic Sunday with a local college having graduation, and everyone coming at the same time to eat, and all in a hurry. They handled it extremely well. Thank you. Overall, a very pleasant stay except for the two above individuals who work the front desk days. I will be back.

Room Tip: 304. very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul L

Thank you for the awesome & fantastic review! Your words are warm and heartfelt and have been passed along to our staff as well as Betty and Shirley who took such great care of you. I assure you customer service is our top priority here at the Hilton Garden Inn and we are addressing your concerns. We appreciate your return business and strive to make each and every stay fantastic. Each of us is happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us, as we have enjoyed having you staying. Each and every guest is like family here at our Hilton Garden Inn and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I felt home away from home while staying at this location. It's close to the local mall where there's great shopping and it's also close to great restaurants. The design of the lobby area is wonderful and all of the staff were courteous. Although this location is near the shopping mall and restaurants, it's tucked away in just the right corner where there's almost no traffic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are always happy to hear about a wonderful stay. I have shared your wonderful review with our entire staff. We look forward to seeing you when you return to the area!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I and our 2 year old stayed here and it was a great stay. They had a crib set up for us when we arrived, the breakfast staff were great (even with an energetic 2 year old!), and the rooms were quiet and very clean and nice. Great stay for families, travelers, couples, or anyone!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your fantastic review! I have passed along your comments to our staff and we are excited that we could make your stay perfect! We hope to see you on your next visit to the area.