“I really liked this place” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Ottawa, Canada
“I really liked this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

My first time at any Candlewood Suites and I had a great experience in this cool hotel. I suppose it's designed for long-term stays and I could easily have lived there for a month. Instead I enjoyed 2 nights and have no complaints.

Very homey feeling apartment-type room. Really bright and modern. Full kitchen area was completey stocked with dishes, pots & pans and utensils, water jug in the fridge and popcorn ready in the microwave. Dish towels, detergent, garbage cans, recycling bins, all neatly tucked away out of view.

Desk area had 2 chairs, lots of convenient outlets and a corkboard on the wall. First place I've ever stayed with a corkboard. Nice touch! Wifi worked well with password provided. The do not disturb sign is a magnet you just slap on the other side of the door. Neat little things here you don't often see.

Terrific king sized bed, *really* comfortable, great linens. A/C worked perfectly.

Bathroom was gorgeous. Super nice ribbed towels, great supply of soaps and lotions, large fancy countertop. Loved it. Great water pressure and showerhead too.

The whole place is absolutely immaculate.

There's no restaurant onsite but they have a little pantry store where you can buy things like cans of soup, frozen microwavable meals, breakfast sandwiches, snacks, drinks, chips, granola bars, etc. All reasonably priced too, a buck or two each. Open 24 hours, The coffee in there is free and delicious. Across the parking lot is an Outback Steakhouse and you can find a bar at the Hilton Garden Inn down the street.

Outside are 2 nice patio areas with tables and cushioned chairs, one even had a barbeque.

Super awesome place. I will be sure to check out other Candlewood locations and will definitely return here next time I need to be in the Elmira/Horseheads/Corning area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SomeGirl
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review about your stay at the Candlewood. We strive to meet the needs of every guest and to make sure that their stay is memorable. I'm glad that we had the opportunity to do that for you. We hope that we will have another opportunity to have you as our guest and that we can continue to WOW you. Thank you again for your great comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Champion, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

I enjoyed my extended stay at the Candlewood. The staff was amazing from The Director of Maintence Adam to the front desk with Diane, Walter, Emani, Brenda, Michelle, Tammy. The housekeepers kept the hotel spotless, Sarah was a heck of a housekeeper. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor (3) because no one is above me.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Ryan for sharing your comments about your extended stay at the Candlewood. The place just isn't the same without you. :) I am proud of our team members and it's a pleasure to know that they do not go unnoticed by our guests. If your company sends you back to the area or if you are here for leisure - please make it a point to come stay with us again.
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

For a chain hotel, this place is very nice, clean and I would definitely recommend it to business and leisure travelers alike. The front desk staff were very helpful and suggested places to eat. This was a very nice stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are glad that you had an opportunity to stay with and that you would chose to recommend us as a place for business and leisure travelers. It is our goal to make sure that every guest has a satisfactory stay. We hope that we will have another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

There was only one room, which was a decent size, that included a cook top burner, microwave and full size refrigerator. Beds and bedding were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful, Nice size lobby with two computers and printers, Decent size fitness room with all of the equipment in good working order. Adjacent to the fitness room, were washers and dryers that were free to use (you supply the detergent). There were three luggage carts and one was always there when needed. Room was generally clean with one exception that was adequately addressed by Andrea, the general manager. When I travel, I take a cooler with me and the ice maker in the freezer did not produce enough ice overnight to be of much help. While there is a small airport nearby, I only heard a couple of planes after I was already up in the morning.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank pghphil
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Candlewood Suites. It's reassuring knowing that our guests have a comfortable and satisfactory stay with us. We would welcome the opportunity to have you as our guests again. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us.
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

We have just finished our stay at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads. We arrived on Thursday, July 26th, after a tornado had gone through the area, and we checked out on Saturday, July 28th. The hotel had power but no cable, internet, or communications at the time of check in due to the storms that had come through. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and friendly as we checked in. The internet and cable came back on while we were at dinner which we were thankful for. After going out to eat, we brought our things to our room and discovered someone else's sleepwear in our bathroom. I brought the articles of clothing to the front desk. She apologized, took it, and wrote a note to housekeeping. I expressed concern that the sleepwear left in our room made us a little uncomfortable as to whether our room had been thoroughly cleaned; however, we did not change rooms.

Other than that incident, we loved being at this hotel. All the employees are very friendly and courteous, and the room was great. The pillows are hard, but we didn't want to go and get the feather pillows that are available. We loved the kitchen area and the ability to put cokes and water bottles in the full-size refridgerator and our ice packs in the freezer. There was even a bag of microwave popcorn in the microwave if we wanted to pop it.

There is no breakfast when you stay here; however, there are lots of restaurants around this area along with the Arnot Mall for shopping. The location of this hotel is great, and we would definitely stay here again when we are in the Elmira area. The rooms are very nice, and the employees that work there are an asset to this establishment.

Room Tip: This hotel has 3 floors, and we stayed on the third floor. Less noise being on the third floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We value our guests and hope that their stay with us is satisfactory in every aspect. I want to personally apologize that you found an article of clothing in your room. Our housekeeping strives to obtain their goals on a daily basis and I am sure that this was just an oversight - however we will make it a point to ensure future guests that this doesn't occur again. It was an unfortunate situation that brought you to our hotel - but I am glad that the Candlewood team was able to make you feel comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed overnight at the Candlewood in Horseheads, NY, and were really impressed with the hospitality of the front desk people. The room was very nice, bed was comfortable, and location was excellent for surrounding amenities. The only drawbacks were the extremely firm small pillows but they do give you an option of harder pillows (?!) or a feather pillow which is what we should have asked for, so not their fault. I brought my own pillow but my husband was not pleased with the pillows. He did not see the card offering other pillow choices, and I didn't know he was having a problem until morning, so again, not the Candlewood's fault. The other problem was the noise from the gas workers/truckers staying there. They were out on Sunday morning revving up their engines from about 4-6 a.m. We were on the 3rd floor but the noise woke us both up. I'd opt for a room in the back of the hotel after this. There was a lot of slamming of doors when the truckers left the buidling too, but again, not the hotel's fault. I would defniitely stay there again as the prices were very reasonable compared with the surrounding hotels but would ask for a feather pillow for hubby and get a room away from parking lot and hopefully away from the early risers.

Room Tip: Get softer pillows and a room away from parking lot where all the big trucks are.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay to our property. We value our guests input regarding every aspect of their stay. I want to personally apologize that you experienced issues as a result of other hotel guests and I will make sure that this issue is addressed. I am pleased that other than this - your stay with us was satisfactory. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

This was a brand new hotel which had the potential for offering a good night's sleep. Not so, when it turned out that the guests upstairs had a 2-year-old constantly running across the wooden floors all night. Horrendous. I called the front desk and asked for them to call upstairs to stop the noise. This went on all weekend.

The floors are paper thin. The sheets and pillowcases are rough to the skin. Room has a cheap, loud wall air conditioner.

Never again will I stay at a Candlewood Suites.

Room Tip: Find a different property.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
I would like to personally apologize that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. I would like to personally discuss this situation with you - if you would contact me at 607-873-7676. We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible and I would like to have another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.