“Very Nice”

Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My wife, in-laws and I stayed during a short visit to the region. Karen at the front desk was wonderful. She was polite, cheerful and very helpful.

The rooms were comfortable, spacious and very clean. It's too bad that we're not staying longer. The kitchenette would make for a nice stay.

While my wife and I decided to have dinner at a nearby, the in-laws enjoyed the burgers and accompaniments offered at the managers reception.

When we return to the area, we will stay here again. I highly recommend the Candlewood Inn.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Sir:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. It's always a pleasure knowing that our guests are very satisfied with their stay and service. Karen has exceptional customer service skills and we are glad that she is part of our team. I will make it a point to share you comments with her as well.

Im glad that your in-laws were able to join us for our reception that evening. We always want to make sure that our guests feel valued. We look forward to your future visits with us.

I hope that when you return I will be able to meet you in person and thank you again for sharing your comments. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel to attend a race weekend at Watkins Glen. About 25 miles from the track but the route to the track was easy and the roads were good and not crowded. An Outback restaurant is located across the parking lot within easy walking distance and an Olive Garden and Chile's is an easy 5 minute drive down the road.

Hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. Both check in and check out was no problem. The room was quiet and spacious with a cook-top, microwave and full size refrigerator. The suite was all one room with no division between the kitchen area and the bed. No quite what we expected but not a problem. The major problem we experienced was with the HVAC system. It has an occupancy detector and when you are not moving around in the room the system shuts down. Fine for saving energy but not very comfortable as the temperature was very inconsistent - Too Hot, then too cold, etc. We were told that's the way the system works and nothing could be done. Probably the weirdest HVAC system that I've encountered in our travels. We would not stay here again due to the HVAC system as that lowered the value received for the money paid - Not a cheap hotel at almost $200 per night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EdStumpff
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Sir:

Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. I want to personally apologize our HVAC system did not meet your expectations. I will definitely have our maintenance team look in to the matter and determine what we can do to make sure no one encounters this problem again. We want our guests to have he best stay possible and Im sorry this was not your case. When you return to area I would like to have you personally call me and I will make sure that we can provide you with accommodations that meet your expectations. Thank you again for sharing your concerns. I hope that we will have another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Booked 3 nights for me and my husband and our daughter was in an adjoining room. The rooms were spotless and spacious. The kitchenette has a microwave, full size refrig and even a dishwasher. Also has guest laundry in the hotel which I love and little store with goodies to eat; frozen items to microwave and other small items. The bathroom is beautiful - good lighting and enough counter space and drawers for all my makeup/toiletries. The shower was awesome! Always enough hot water and great water pressure! Very quiet hotel . We have stayed in almost all of the hotels in the area as we vacation here often and I put this hotel up there with Harbor Hotel minus the view of the harbor and the high nightly rate. The staff is warm, friendly and knowledgeable. The location is close to everything - close to the Mall and the wineries. This is a great place to stay and you can't beat the price for what you get!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear LillianT61:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. I am pleased to know that our hotel cleanliness, staff and amenities ranked us as one of your favorite hotels in the area. Our team takes great pride in their work and by making sure that our guests have a great stay. If your travels bring you back to the area it would be our pleasure to have you as our guests again. Thank you again for your wonderful comments and we hope to have another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

As a pilot I stay at a lot of hotels. This is one of the best ones in the system. The rooms are clean and nice and they give you lots of extra specials. I'd pay a little extra to stay here if I was deciding between two hotels. The rooms have a mini kitchenette. They have managers dinners. Free cookies. Free popcorn and movies. The staff is really friendly and accommodating. A great stay!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Sir......Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment about your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites in Horseheads, NY. We were honored by your comments as you are a world wide traveler. We strive to make sure our guests have the best stay possible and I'm pleased to know that you are happy with your accommodations at our hotel. I hope that you will have another opportunity to stay with us. Thanks again for your comments and safe travels.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The hotel is near several locations - corning glass, watkins glenn racetrack and several fingerlake wineries. It is seconds away the mall, airport and several resturants. The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was spacious and very quiet. There was even a Manager's reception the evening that I was there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert F
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites in Horseheads NY. We appreciate all of the team member comments shared. I have great associates and it always pleases them when they are recognized by a valued guest. Thank you for choosing the Candlewood for your lodging needs and we hope that we will have another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

While not a fan of no breakfast or pool at a extended stay hotel, the Staff (esp Justin) makes up for it with attentiveness to detail and customer service.....Nice suites with plenty of room and GREAT Lending Library of supplies, games......free laundry a plus as well....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Candlewood Suites. We value your opinions and always share them with our team members. Justin was a great asset to our team and because of his desire and abilities - he has been promoted to general manager of our sister hotel just down the street. We are very happy for him. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that we will see your in the future if your travels bring you back to the Horseheads area. Thanks again

Reviewed 26 April 2014

For less than one hundred per night, this place is well worth it. For two nights, my wife and I stayed in a queen suite for our two-day trip to the Corning Museum of Glass. It's about a 10-15 min. drive to the museum and within only a few minutes of a mall and another set of shopping centers, restaurants including the Olive Garden, and only about 20 min. from a fairly decent new microbrewery, Upstate Brewing Company.

Our room was clean. We used the kitchen tools and dish soap provided. We decided to cook a big breakfast in our place two mornings instead of paying for a sub-par breakfast somewhere else and paying eight times as much. The fridge came in handy for leftovers from the Olive Garden and Slammin Jammin Southern Smoked BBQ (excellent BBQ)--see my reviews.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple