“Excellent Property”

Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were so impressed with this property we wished we could have stayed longer. I had a 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen and my friends had a standard bedroom each with a kitchenette. Popcorn ready for us in the microwave, just had to press the button. Clean, great staff. Brandy at the front desk was the friendliest and most helpful of any hotel I have stayed at. Kudos to her. We received 2 $5.00 coupons each toward their "store" for our breakfast, which we picked up in the evening and for the next morning and a snack to take along the way.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Mitzy570. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments regarding your stay at the Candlewood Suites in Horseheads, NY. Brandy is a great asset to our team and she enjoys going above and beyond for our guests. I'm glad that all of our amenities and service met your expectations. We hope that in the future you will have another opportunity to stay with us so we can once again demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel from Feb 2014 thru the end of July 2014. The hotel gave me a great rate and had nice rooms. The staff was excellent and treated me and all of my employees great and became our families away from home. They went way beyond just being employees to help out any way they could. I will stay there again and highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ricky. Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your extended stay at the Candlewood Suites. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope that if your job brings you back to the area that we will have another opportunity to have you as our guests. Our team takes great pride in their customer service so I'm glad that we made you feel like family. Thanks again for your great comments and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I loved my stay at Candlewood! Great customer service. Brandy was excellent, took very good care of our reservation and when we got there she made us feel comfortable. I recommend this hotel because it makes you feel like home. The rooms have a kitchen, that's always a plus! Anytime I'm asked what hotel do I recommend yours it is!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Loveisblind 14:

Thank you for your great comments regarding your stay at the Candlewood Suites. We value all of our guest's opinions and concerns so we can only improve for the future. Brandy is a great asset to our team and I'm glad she was able to take care of your reservations and make you feel at home. I am fortunate to have a great team that cares about customer service. We hope that we will have another opportunity in the future to have you as our guests. Thanks again for sharing.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Friendly & helpful staff. Rooms are comfortable, clean, spacious and rates are reasonable. You are always welcomed & greeted with a smile from front deck personal. Everyone goes above and beyond at this property. I stay here weekly for business so it is my home away from home. I like how they appreciate their guest by having guest appreciation night & a guest of the week program. The location makes it convenient to everything the area has to offer.

Room Tip: Cant go wrong with any of the rooms but I prefer the 1 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your stays at the Candlewood Suites. Its always a pleasure to have you as our guest. The team works very hard to make sure that all of our guests are satisfied and I'm glad you have been able to experience all of their hard work and dedication. It's guests like yourself that make our job very enjoyable. Thanks again and we look forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have been staying at this motel off and on for months now and the stay has been wonderful all the employees are very friendly and make you feel at home look forward to my stays here in the near future. The cookies are also a nice plus. Beds are very comfortable and rooms have lots of room and very cozy. Strongly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: I prefer the second or third floor first floor ceilings are very high. Show your room key at the Ou...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Everyone at the Candlewood appreciates your comments regarding your stays at the Candlewood. We strive to do out best and we value all of our guests. It has been a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will have many more opportunities to stay with us in the future. Thanks again for sharing your great comments.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My wife, in-laws and I stayed during a short visit to the region. Karen at the front desk was wonderful. She was polite, cheerful and very helpful.

The rooms were comfortable, spacious and very clean. It's too bad that we're not staying longer. The kitchenette would make for a nice stay.

While my wife and I decided to have dinner at a nearby, the in-laws enjoyed the burgers and accompaniments offered at the managers reception.

When we return to the area, we will stay here again. I highly recommend the Candlewood Inn.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Sir:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. It's always a pleasure knowing that our guests are very satisfied with their stay and service. Karen has exceptional customer service skills and we are glad that she is part of our team. I will make it a point to share you comments with her as well.

Im glad that your in-laws were able to join us for our reception that evening. We always want to make sure that our guests feel valued. We look forward to your future visits with us.

I hope that when you return I will be able to meet you in person and thank you again for sharing your comments. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel to attend a race weekend at Watkins Glen. About 25 miles from the track but the route to the track was easy and the roads were good and not crowded. An Outback restaurant is located across the parking lot within easy walking distance and an Olive Garden and Chile's is an easy 5 minute drive down the road.

Hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. Both check in and check out was no problem. The room was quiet and spacious with a cook-top, microwave and full size refrigerator. The suite was all one room with no division between the kitchen area and the bed. No quite what we expected but not a problem. The major problem we experienced was with the HVAC system. It has an occupancy detector and when you are not moving around in the room the system shuts down. Fine for saving energy but not very comfortable as the temperature was very inconsistent - Too Hot, then too cold, etc. We were told that's the way the system works and nothing could be done. Probably the weirdest HVAC system that I've encountered in our travels. We would not stay here again due to the HVAC system as that lowered the value received for the money paid - Not a cheap hotel at almost $200 per night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EdStumpff
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Sir:

Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. I want to personally apologize our HVAC system did not meet your expectations. I will definitely have our maintenance team look in to the matter and determine what we can do to make sure no one encounters this problem again. We want our guests to have he best stay possible and Im sorry this was not your case. When you return to area I would like to have you personally call me and I will make sure that we can provide you with accommodations that meet your expectations. Thank you again for sharing your concerns. I hope that we will have another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.