“Pretty good place”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
West Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Pretty good place”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at the Candlewood by chance because the Country Inn across the road would not honor our coupon. Over all it was a nice spacious,clean room and big bathroom. We had a small kitchenette with big fridge, which would be nice if we were staying longer than one night. Like the fact that the laundry facility is free, just buy the soap, and there were a few other extras like coffee pot etc. Staff was friendly and pleasant. Too bad there isn't a pool but that was no big deal when we were there. Pretty good place and reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear gerriannem:

I appreciate you taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites in Horseheads, NY. I'm pleased to know that all of our amenities met your expectations and were of value to you during your stay. Our team strives hard to make sure that all of our guests are satisfied and I'm glad that this was your case. I hope that in the future if you were ever to visit the area again that we would be your hotel of choice. Thank you again for sharing.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Barrington, RI
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here on business and was very happy. The rooms are large and have full size refrigerators and microwaves. The hotel is among many other hotels but is by far the best bet for the money. Hotel is right next to an Outback Steakhouse and among plenty of shopping. The only knock I have is that it took at least ten minutes for someone to come check me in but other than that I can't say enough.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Thomasfrank:

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. I want to personally apologize that you had to wait before you could be checked in. I am not sure yet why this occurred but please accept my apologies for the incident.

I am glad that our accommodations met your expectations. When you return to the area we would love the opportunity to have you as our guest again. It's always a pleasure knowing that our guests had a great experience. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have stayed here 3 times before and enjoyed the stay every time. Late arrival and the website showed to be booked. I just showed up and the young lady at the desk was able to find me a room. Awesome! Having all the amenities of home is a wonderful thing when you live out of a suitcase. This one of the few places I look forward to staying at, great staff, comfortable beds, great shower water pressure, large refrigerator, full size microwave. The printer / scanners were a life saver on this trip, I had several documents that needed completed and I was able to do so without leaving the Hotel. Papa Johns delivers, Outback across the parking lot, Chilli's just down the road. Home sweet home for a road warrior like me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear SuperTech1

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stays at the Candlewood Suites. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you on your recent stay. Our team works very hard to make sure that we go above and beyond for all of our guests and Im glad that we were able to do the same with you. It has to be a challenge when you are on the road all the time and away from home. We will always be your home away from home when in the Horseheads area. Again, thank you for your great comments and we looking forward to your future stays with us.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel somewhat last minute. Price was reasonable. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. Only complaint was that the fitness area did not have any disinfect wipes or spray to wipe down equipment after use. Not very hygienic!! All the restaurants nearby are basically chain restaurants. There is a mall and a few shopping plazas nearby which are convenient. The hotel is located about 20 miles south of Watkins Glen which is also convenient for races, etc.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites in Horseheads, NY. We value all of our feed back and will strive to make any changes in order to improve upon our service.

I understand your concern regarding the sanitary wipes or spray in the fitness room. It is very important to make sure those items are available for guests use and I personally apologize that this was an oversight on our part and that they were not replenished in a timely manner.

I'm pleased to know that our team and room cleanliness met your expectations. They work very hard to make sure that our guests are satisfied. Again thank you for your comments and I hope that we will have another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful place to stay. Great friendly staff, very clean comfortable room, great gym. Got a room last minute as the other motel was closed. Very happy with our stay, love the kitchen & the dishwasher! !!! Comfortable beds.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear FIFA201052. Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Candlewood Suites. Its always a pleasure knowing that we exceeded your expectations. I have an amazing team and their customer service skills are above and beyond. If you travel through the area again it would be great to have your as our guests. Thank you again for your great review.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great place. Clean rooms and excellent staff. The pricing is also super. Close to shopping and the airport. Business travelers and vacationers alike come to this site. Don't miss the events in nearby Corning and Watkins Glen. Only 20 miles from the track.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dennis R. Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Candlewood Suites. We value you as our guests and are pleased to know that we can meet your expectations. It's always a pleasure getting to know our long term guests as we feel like you are part of the Candlewood "family". We hope that you will continue to enjoy your time with us. Thanks again for your great comments.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

awesome, the staff was the best, they made sure I had everything I ever needed. They also got me a room when there was none available. They also bbq food for you on Tuesday nights. This was one of the best places I have ever stayed at, and I am in a hotel Sunday thur Thursday every week. I do miss this place.

Nick

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stays at the Candlewood Suites. Its always a pleasure knowing that our service and amenities met your expectations. We value you as our guest and hope that you will be able to return to the area. Thanks again for your great comments.