“Old style motel with charm, friendly staff and very clean rooms!”

Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Reviewed 5 December 2009

We arrived late but had a great welcome and a very clean room. The breakfast was light but fresh. I had to change my original plans of a two day stay to one and they were very accomodating and sent me on my way with a smile.
Great place and good location.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2009

In trying to find a place to stay for just one night in the Watkins Glen area, I ended up looking outside of town since every place I called in WG required a two night stay at this time of year. I felt lucky to have found this place! I noticed from the minute we checked in, we were at a place where the owners truly cared about their property and their customers. Everybody was so friendly and helpful. Our room, with two beds, was spacious and immaculate. Also, the bathroom, although dated, was large and spotless. I liked the 50ish green tile on the walls in the bath - reminded me of home! There was also an additional sink outside the bathroom, which is so helpful. At breakfast, trays were supplied so you could bring your food back to your room - where there was a decent sized table and two chairs. Although our stay was a short one, we were totally satisfied with our stay there - and would go back, if we were in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2008

This was a great little place to stay. We had three couples in our group so it is rare that everyone is satisfied. Rooms are basic but VERY clean. They do have a refrig in the rooms and a micro can be added upon request. Biker friendly, cleaning towels were supplied and walkway overhang gives plenty of weather protection. The only negative is small breakfast area but there was no problem bringing a tray back to the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank gc12718
Reviewed 3 May 2007

The room was a good value ($65 off season). The hotel and my room looked like something right out of the 1960's - including the light blue tiled bathroom. But it was squeaky clean. The shower enclosure was brand new. Again, nothing fancy but very clean. The bed was nice and firm - no complaints there.

One nice thing is that for motorcycle riders (such as myself) you can park the bike right outside your room since it's a motel. It makes it easy to get the bike loaded up in the morning.

One possible word of caution: the walls seemed awefully thin. I could hear the people in the next room. Although these people weren't noisy, a loud, boisterous neighbor could be a problem. I'm only speculating though since I didn't actually experience this.

Overall, based on my experience, I would recommend this hotel for someone on a budget. I had no problems and I'm generally a very picky hotel guest.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank xrochester
Reviewed 10 August 2005

If you are looking for a clean and reasonably priced motel this is your winner. It's close to Watkins Glen and Elmira. We have stayed with them twice and over the past 3 years. They provide a nice room that is well maintained. Staff is welcoming. The hotel is in a safe and quiet area despite being right off of a two lane highway. Give them a shot if you are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NYC, NY
Reviewed 4 October 2004

I stayed 2 nights at this motel on my 1st visit to Fingerlakes region after having been lived for 40+ years in NYC. I was very happy to say that unlike any other motels this motel is sitting on beautifully landscaped 5 acres land and surrounded by mountain with lots of trees. And close by historic places, race track and lakes. Every one works there was courteous and room was very clean and comfortable. Wine with my wife at the Gazebo is memorable and unforgettable for long time to come. Rate was lowest in town and you get the most out of it. I recommend highly.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 17 November 2003

I have visited many Best Westerns across the Eastern United States but the Marshall Manor in Horseheads, New York is in a class by itself. All of the staff are most welcoming and always ready to lend a helping hand. Their knowledge of the surrounding area is extensive and their patience with newcomers to the area is superb. The continental breakfasts offer more food than needed by any one person. I would recommend them and have to any acquaintance who travels to that area.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horseheads
Lakeside Resort
Lakeside Resort
#3 of 9 in Watkins Glen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 5 in Elmira
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads

Been to Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor? Share your experiences!