“Wow”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Lakewood, New York
“Wow”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Please don't stay here I had to go buy sheets.pillows.towels and a blanket.FILTHY
Room was already paid for and had no choice.Whynham corp. You should be ashamed
to send any owner here.
...............................................

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank stebbinsa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Arabic first
Ontario
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My son and I stayed here the last weekend of June. It was a case of take it or leave it because it was the only place which still had room. We were there for the racing at Watkins Glen and we know we should have booked earlier. The room had an of our which we did not identify. The TV stand had holes drilled in it.....furniture old and dated.......position of one bed made it awkward to reach bathroom. Bathroom?......dirty, outdated, with the surface of the sink worn and discolored. Uninvited guests in there....some sort of bugs. There was hair along baseboards and again an unpleasant smell. We chose not to sleep in the beds but on them instead

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank redfan1

Travellers are raving about these Horseheads hotels

Warren
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Most Knights inns I have stayed at are pretty much s**t holes, this one is a really nice motel. The rooms are spacious, bathroom is huge, and has good water pressure for the shower. There are only two complaints I have and they really aren't bad. One, the Wi-Fi is spotty, comes and goes. Two, there aren't many channels on the t.v. to choose from. Like I said, my complaints really aren't that bad. The room I am in is clean and the bed is comfortable. The parking lot seems clean as in not too many cigarette butts and cans and bottles everywhere. If you're a traveling construction worker, like myself, then I would recommend this place to you. If you're the type that stays at a Holiday Inn or similar places, then don't come here because it won't be up to your standards.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank dingus01
Elmira, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This motel was rated bad, and I'm honestly not sure why. The Elmira location is a dumpy area, and for it's location is very well kept up. I stayed at the Mark Twain, and that wasn't bad for a dump, but the Knights Inn is much nicer. I'm from Rochester, N.Y so I know what nice is, and this is nice for the price. The bathroom is awesome, and the beds are very comfy. The breakfast is a sweet roll and coffee, but lets be real people you get what you pay for. I recommend staying here even if you have kids with you, plus they have sweets. No bugs, and free food, what more could you ask for for under $60 a night.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank krystal01
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I know this was not the best hotel I am opting for but its at a good location (for Corning and finger lakes). Plus the time being 4th july weekend, rates were expected to be high. If you can plan for Corning on a separate day on your way (to/from finger lakes), you may want to stay in proximity than this hotel.
Thumbs Up - location, parking
Thumbs Down - cost, interiors, furniture (microwave & fridge in the bathroom, next to washbasin), mattress, little stinky & no WiFi

Room Tip: Choose the ones with 2 beds & in the front row (furniture is better & correctly places like...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Roots2Wings
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 28 September 2013

For the price, this is a great find. I would stay here again, every time I'm in the area.

Good water pressure in the shower (which had an adjustable shower head). The bathroom was much larger than normal hotel bathrooms, excluding the actual bath/shower, it was about 5ft x say 13ft.

Free WiFi.

The check-in clerk gave us discount coupons for a nearby restaurant, which we used... and went back!

The location is perfect... at the junctions of Interstate 86, SR14 and SR64.

The room had a large flat-screen TV with full cable access.

If I had to 'ding' them for something... the facecloth could be used to strip barnacles from the hull of a ship...comparable to 60 grit sandpaper!

For the price... a great deal. Friendly staff too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank marydonadoni
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We made a reservation for 30th August 2013 and cancelled it over the phone on the 29th, way before the cancellation deadline. These people still charged us $250 ($177 for the room and $77 for God knows what). When we called them again to inquire about the charges, they said we never called to cancel the room. These people are not to be trusted. The guy on the other side was extremely rude and quoted some random policy and told me that I should have called a third party to cancel. Please beware of these crooks.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family