“INTERESTING STAY”

The Inn at Houghton Creek
Ranked #1 of 1 Houghton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I stasyed at this Inn for 2 days, the Inn Keeper Shannon was very nice. I was the only person staying at the hotel at the time, so it bothered me that , when I got there my tiolet was broken and my television was not working, although they did get fixed, it was the thought that, I was the only person in the whole Inn, and it would have been so much easier to give me a new room, then to have me wait until her husband came home, before i could go to the bathroom. The room was clean, There just is no alot of places to go to eat in the area. The rates are reasonable

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 May 2011

We were visiting our daughter at Houghton College and stayed in the Premium room which has a big screen TV and a dvd player. Although they did not have any DVD's to borrow, the innkeepers let us pick from their personal DVDs. The sink area is separate from the bathroom which I always appreciate. Everything seems fresh and new.
Unfortunately, the town of Houghton does not offer much in the realm of restaurants so eat before you come! The Inn has only packaged snacks in a machine.

Room Tip: The premium king room is worth the $$
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Friendly, quiet, clean, close to everything. Recommended!

Room Tip: Book really early if near a big event.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I've stayed at the Inn several times and I absolutely love it! You get that cozy, comfortable feeling as soon as you step onto the porch and see the beautiful rockers, where you can relax in the sun and breathe in the country air. When you open the door, the first thing you notice is the light, fresh scent that reminds me of line-dried linen. The lobby is decorated in a style similar to the way you would decorate your den at home. The furniture is grouped around a central firepace and bookshelf, and there is even an old-fashioned roll top desk tucked away in an alcove, with a computer station and free internet access. The guest rooms are very clean, with no lingering odors, nor the smell of cleaning supplies.. Even the remote control for the TV is a "clean remote" which is easy to sanitize so you know you aren't touching germs left behind by the previous guests. The rooms are spacious. The beds are comfortable. And there is free WiFi available in the rooms. All in all, the Inn is like a home away from home, cozy and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Really impressed with the warmth and care in this place. And although my traveling partner complained that she wanted complimenary Hot Chocolate (instead of the coffe or tea that was free, in room), we both were impressed with the corner room, the cleanliness and friendly staff, and the quiet, relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2011

My husband and I accompanied our son to two scholarship competition weekends at Houghton College and had the pleasure of staying at the Inn at Houghton Creek both times. We would highly recommend the Inn as a very pleasant place to stay. The staff is warm and attentive--the rooms are attractive, comfortable, and well-supplied to accommodate necessities and simple pleasures while on the road. I especially love the cozy, homey lobby area, with fireplace, bookcases, games, and a public computer, and the front porch that looks like it would be a great place to relax when the weather is warmer! If my son ends up attending Houghton College, the Inn would be our first choice for overnight accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2011

This is the second time I've stayed at the Inn at Houghton Creek. The rooms are very comfortable and extremely clean. The atmosphere is very peaceful and relaxing. It's a wonderful place to stay if you're in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Been to The Inn at Houghton Creek? Share your experiences!