“Great Place”

Vetro by Russo's on the Bay
Reserve with OpenTable
Vetro by Russo's on the Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Howard Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 165th Avenue
Transit: Take the A train to Rockaway Blvd. Transfer is available to the Q41 bus, heading south on Crossbay Blvd to 164th Avenue stop.
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Food is fantastic, the night life on the roof is always great during the summer and they just added a heated tented roof top to continue the fun.

We have annual events at Vetro every year and all are fantastic. Its local to JFK so happy hour in the summer are easy.

The staff is GREAT. PJ is fantastic to work with.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We attended a wedding here. What a place. It had a lovely roof top garden for the ceremony. Went to the second floor for the cocktil hour and reception. The food was plentiful and delicious. Amazing place! I am sure it was pricey, but it was well worth it!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We recently attended an affair, and were greatly dismayed by the poor quality of service and attention that was provided by an inattentive staff of servers, We were expecting 5 star service and received significantly less having to ask repeatedly for things that should have been apparent to a staff of trained professional servers. It was extremely trying on others who were seated also at our table, I felt as though I was directing amateurs, that is not appropriate considering the reputation Russo at the Bay has. I cant believe it was just there bad day it seemed more systemic management should address this promptly because their reputation is at stake.

2  Thank trudy l
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Sorry to disagree with the other reviewers but I ate their tonight, August 31st and it was just awful. We returned the shrimp entree as it was burnt; the coffee ordered hot came in a freezing cold mug; the gnocchi were more like huge stuffed shells and they charged an additional $9 to make it an entree-$21 for 4 huge gnocchi . Even the service was not attentive. The only positive was Luke our maitre'd who was amazing. I will not return and was embarrassed that I recommend the restaurant to my 2 friends this evening

2  Thank renee66
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Wow....this is a glitzy place...from the rooftop bar scene to great food,to all types of clientele ...you cannot beat the food and the prices are not expensive for the quality...fried calamari was served with spicy sauce as we had asked for...cooked perfectly....a veal chop was succulent and my husbands lobster was stuffed with real crabmeat and he loved it. The place was extremely busy when we were there, but the service was good. I cannot wait to go back another time to try more dishes...this is quality italian food at an excellent price.