“Relaxing and Romantic Getaway B&B”
Review of Mount Merino Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hudson
Mount Merino Manor
Ranked #6 of 17 Hudson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a stay at Mount Merino Manor for a weekend getaway and we were not disappointed. Far from it! The house is huge and is beautifully and tastefully furnished and decorated. The staff is warm and friendly and provides excellent hospitality. Breakfast each morning was a delight, served in a dining room with a great view of the river and the mountains behind it. We stayed in the Diamond Street Suite, which is PERFECT for couples. Large, plush bed, a rain shower for two, and a large whirlpool tub (with complementary bath salts!) perfect for relaxing in and sipping champagne. With some great restaurants in town (highly recommend DA|BA!) and some lovely hiking opportunities nearby (the Olana State Historic Site is right across the road from the property), this place could scarcely be any better for a romantic weekend. I would be remiss if I did not also recommend a drive out to the Hudson-Chatham Winery for a tasting. Excellent wines and a very friendly and knowledgeable staff! All-in-all, a fabulous experience that will not soon be forgotten.

Room Tip: Again, if you're going as a couple, book the Diamond Street Suite. You will NOT be disappointed!
1  Thank Dan T

Reviewed 7 February 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Mount Merino Manor for a long weekend. Hudson is a short trip from NYC and we thought it would be a great place to escape to for the weekend based on reviews from others. This was our first time ever staying in a B&B and boy, do I think we were spoiled. This place set the bar pretty high. Mount Merino Manor is a lovely B&B situated on a hill that offers beautiful views of the Hudson Valley. It's a 5-minute drive from downtown Hudson, which we didn't mind at all since it felt like we were staying in the country.
We stayed in the Master Sabine room, which was absolutely gorgeous. I think the bathroom was as big as our apartment's bedroom, with a shower and nice jacuzzi bath that was great for relaxing. There is also a "seating area" that looked out over the valley with a cushioned bay window and two large plush chairs, perfect for having a glass of wine or a tea. The bed was incredibly comfortable and despite the inn being completely booked, you really couldn't hear much noise from our neighbors. Although it seems a little pricey for this time of year, it's totally worth it for the hospitality they offer. The little guest kitchen was stocked with tea, coffee, water, freshly baked cookies, glasses, wine opener, etc.. When we got back from our day trip on Saturday, the bed had been made and our towels/toiletries were replenished in the bathroom (didn't realize they were going to do this like a hotel normally does). Chocolates left in a little box on the pillow. Comfortable bathrobes. A TV and a selection of DVDs in the common room in case you feel like watching something. Free wireless internet. It's little touches like those that make this place special.
What made this place even more amazing was the breakfast they serve in the morning. Great coffee, juice, freshly baked muffins, yogurt with fresh fruit, and an entree. The couple sitting next to us requested gluten-free options; even though the owner said she did not see a request for this on the reservation page, she offered to accommodate them and make something else.

A few tips for those travelling to Hudson for the first time:
- we tried Swoon Kitchen bar for dinner - amazing food, but the service was horrible. I would try elsewhere..
- take a day trip to Hyde Park - we walked around the Vanderbilt Mansion, had lunch at the Culinary Institute of America, and took a tour of FDR's home. Very much so worth it.
- the drive into Hudson is quite short, but if you're planning on having dinner there, make sure someone can drive home sober (or call a cab!)

All in all, MMM was a perfect place to stay for our little getaway from the city, we'll definitely be back some day soon..

Room Tip: The Master Sabine offers splendid views of the Hudson River valley, it's worth the splurge!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emmajr23
Reviewed 21 January 2012

The house is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are HUGE and luxurious. They have done a wonderful job. The hospitality is warm and gracious. Our breakfast was lovely. I loved that there was a guest kitchen where we could get drinks and home-made snacks at any time. its great value for the price. It's location across from Olana was great too. I really look forward to going back.

Room Tip: We had Deer Run and loved it - amazing full length claw tub and a huge shower with multiple shower h...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Mount Merino Manor in Oct 2011 for our one year wedding anniversary and our stay was more than I expected it! Beautiful doesn't even describe the house! It's beyond gorgeous!! The customer service is amazing! Breakfast was probably the best I've ever had at a B&B and dinner at Daba was superb! I highly recommend this B&B and would definitely visit again! Till this day my husband and I still talk about what a great time we had and how we would love to go back to this little gem with friends!

Room Tip: The Blue Mountain is worth every dollar! It's gorgeous!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My wife and I only spent one night there, but we loved it. We stayed in the Lady sabine roon which was massive and had beautiful antiques. The staff were very welcoming, and the breakfast - one of the best I have ever had.

Room Tip: Lady Sabine room is divine
1  Thank Martin H
Reviewed 7 December 2011

There is so much to explore upstate NY and a perfect spot to do it from is the Mount Merino Manor outside Hudson, NY. Beautiful rooms--some with views of the Catskills! Lovely staff and the breakfast is outstanding and you dine looking out at a spectacular view of the mountains.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have bathtubs so if you like one--check first.
1  Thank KayRenee
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed at the manor the weekend of Oct 23rd for my 7 year wedding anniversary. While I never saw the upstairs, the Parlor room and bottom floor are quite charming. The owners are very nice and they make a fabulous breakfast. The rooms are appointed nicely with a blend of antiques and eclectic touches. Bathroom was great- great tub! My only complaint was that we are used to sleeping in a king size bed and moving down to whatever size was in the room made sleeping hard for me. The location is great - you can take a little 5 mile "hike" up to Olana a lovely person style home of the Artist Frederic Church. Grounds and house are lovely. The town of Hudson is cute. Artsy and antiquey with good food and city touches. Very "grow and eat local." Overall a nice time and a slower pace of life - perfect for a romantic weekend!

• Stayed: October 2011