We have stayed at a variety of B&Bs over the past few years, but The Croff House has climbed to the top of our list. After our two night stay, we definitely consider this place to be our absolute favorite.
The house itself has been very well restored. The furnishings are all new. While they are not antiques, they feel very cozy and comfortable. The living room just feels like home.
We stayed in the Chace Suite. We thought that this was the best suite because it faces the street. The other suites face the back, etc. As with most B&Bs, the rooms are a little smaller in real life than on camera, but other than that, the room is as depicted. In addition to two easy chairs, there is a full closet with mirror and a digital, flat-panel TV with DirecTV and AppleTV, and free wireless internet. There are many movie channels. There is also a clock radio with a dock for your iPod, which is great! One downside to having so many digital devices, it seems, is a lack of available electrical outlets, but that’s understandable.
The bed is a pillow-top, which is very soft, and we found it quite comfortable. Bed linens were excellent. A turn-down service is provided nightly. Heat is by radiator, which was silent, and the gas fireplace puts out plenty of heat. I couldn’t tell if air conditioning is available. The room faces Willard Place, which is a small cul-de-sac. There is a slight traffic hum from the nearby streets, and a train horn sounds in the far distance during the night, but it didn’t bother us. If you are a daytime napper, there is a little noise in the hallway during busy times (like a Friday when everybody arrives at once), but nothing extraordinary. Overall, sleep was quite refreshing.
The bathroom is delightful. All of the fixtures are very new and very modern. A claw-foot tub has a telephone-style shower head. The spa shower is not to be missed. It’s huge, it’s got full-body jets, and there’s plenty of hot water to go around. I had to take about five minutes to figure out its operation, but it was worth the trouble. In terms of toiletries, they go all out; you could probably get away without bringing anything at all. But if you like a body bar, bring your own – they provide liquid body wash (good stuff, though). Bathroom linens were pleasant, including his-and-her robes.
Hudson offers some great restaurants, and you can walk there from the hotel. Although a little pricey, the food was outstanding. Ca’Mea was our favorite; be sure to have the hotel book your table for a 10% discount. Our total check came to about $85 for two, including all. One convenience – none of the restaurants require formal wear. All of the patrons were dressed comfortably.
Breakfast at The Croff House was outstanding – try the pumpkin muffins if you can. The local paper isn’t much to read. Checkout was cordial and we thought it was an excellent value.
If you want to try a bed-and-breakfast, check out this place. And Russ and Duncan, if you’re reading, you can rest assured that we’ll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- So what has made The Croff House the #1 Trip Advisor rated B&B in Hudson for over 9 years? We are proud of our reputation for providing outstanding, personalized service in a welcoming, warm environment with genuine hospitality. The interior spaces of the inn are designed with guest comfort in mind, not on trendy decor or quirky gimmicks. Our three course, freshly prepared breakfasts (using locally sourced ingredients when available) have become a hallmark of a stay with us. Our focus is on attention to detail and the little touches that make a stay at The Croff House exceptional. We think you'll agree with guests who have stayed with us - The Croff House is truly a 5-Star experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Croff House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Croff House b&b
- The Croff House Hotel Hudson
- The Croff House Bed And Breakfast Hudson, New York