“Absolutely perfect in every way”
Review of The Inn at Hudson

The Inn at Hudson
Ranked #8 of 17 Hudson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The Inn at Hudson is conveniently located a few short blocks from the town where all the shops are. It is a wonderful, historic home with enchanting decor and many unique reminders of the charm and elegance of yester-year. The Inn is run by two great guys - Dini and Windle who both made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. The breakfast that Dini cooked was OUTRAGEOUS - and had this yummy pesto sauce to accompany the poached eggs and tomato (I am salivating writing this). Our room was HUGE! Never saw such a big room at a bed and breakfast. It had a flat screen TV, a sitting/reading area, and a lovely bathroom with a great shower. Everything in the room, as well as throughout the house, was very clean and inviting (which I am very fussy about). The gardens were beautiful and there was a great little outdoor area where we were welcome to bring our snacks (wine and cheese) every afternoon. What a great, relaxing time - I want to go back soon! Our best regards to Dini and Windle, from Jenny and Joe.

Room Tip: Book early. This is a great place.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jlisena
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Hudson

Reviewed 10 May 2011

Charming historic house with garden, beautifully restored. Cannot say enough good things about the service, breakfast and the innkeeper. Could not recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dramahound
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I'd warmly recommend the Inn at Hudson to anyone visiting this part of New York state. The rates made it a treat rather than a budget option, but I felt we got great service for our money.

The house itself is very beautiful and has been lovingly restored by owners Dini and Windle. We took the 'white suite', which I loved - very peaceful with a four-poster bed (apparently an antique from Calcutta) and a great shower.

Dini makes breakfast every morning and really spoiled us. I had poached egg with grilled tomato on the first day, blueberry pancakes on the second and huevos rancheros (my personal favourite) on the third. Really great food and a good start to the day.

Both the owners were helpful in advising us where to go - they recommended some very good restaurants in Hudson and a lovely hike in the Catskill Mountains.

It's an unusual town and a strong contrast to New York City - I loved seeing something completely different. Hudson apparently suffered a depression which left many buildings abandoned, dilapidated and boarded up. Over recent years there's been a lot of regeneration but you can still see a few signs of earlier problems. It's an interesting time - I'm sure in 10 years most of that will be gone and tourism will be booming.

If you have access to a car and like galleries, make sure you visit Dia Art Foundation at Beacon (http://www.diabeacon.org/). It's quite a long drive but really worth it - we saw some great artists exhibited, including Louise Bourgeois, Sol LeWitt, Richard Serra and Joseph Beuys.

I think the Inn is an asset to the town - I'd love to go back for another relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms here!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank HDC83
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Was coming to town for work and my partner was totally burned out and needed pampering, we were lucky to get a room with a last minute call and were delighted with the comfortable bed, beautiful furnishings and the grand architectural details, although there's the huge museum like scale to the center atrium of house, [spectacular details] it still had cozy and welcoming feel in the bedrooms -AND bath salts for a relaxing soak. Hosts Dini and Wendle were very nice, animated, fun and helpful without being intrusive. Breakfast was delicious [i had mango blueberry pancakes] and generous and again incredible details in dining room and overlooking lush gardens in back - my only regret was leaving this gorgeous place - hundreds of lily shoots were coming up between the drifts of tulips lining the front walk to the driveway, and knowing I was not going to smell those fragrant beauties. This place is NOT to be missed, just steps from the main strip, but quietly nestled with the most spectacular architecture in town.

Room Tip: WhiteRM=FAB,pinkRM=small but nice, greenRM=GRAND
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank RKNY17
Reviewed 27 April 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Inn at Hudson, and it is a spectacular home, gracious yet warm. The owners are very hospitable and made us feel welcome and at home, yet were not overly "nosy". We stayed in the White Room, large and luxurious. Breakfast was fabulous, with a view to the smal garden. Highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hhnewmanmom
Reviewed 22 April 2011

This was my first time in Hudson, NY and I can't imagine a better experience. The inn, located in a mansion just two blocks off of the main street. You easily walk to antique shops, galleries and restaurants. The mansion is gorgeous and obviously a lot of care went into it's restoration. I stayed in the green room which was beautifully decorated, large and with gas fireplace. The endings bath was huge with a fabulous soaking tub and marble shower. The service was great. Dini and Windle were there to greet us and had great dinner recommendations. I am not a breakfast person but the breakfasts cooked by Dini are to order and delicious. I had blueberry/mango pancakes, sausage, fruit and good strong coffee. I was full until dinner. I can't recommend this inn highly enough.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2011

My husband and I just spent the night here and it was one of the best B&B's we've ever encountered. The house is unique and the rooms were huge! The best part of the stay was breakfast which consisted of pouched eggs over a tomato compote and a pesto hollandaise sauce, fresh fruit, chicken and apple sausage and home made bread. The owners are gracious and interesting people to talk to.
We went to Club Helsinki for a show that was a lot of fun. The food has a southern flair. Try the black bean fried shrimp.
For lunch got to Baba Louies. The best pizza and salad ever.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple