“Sweet Hotel with History!”
Review of St. Charles Hotel

St. Charles Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hudson
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Sweet Hotel with History!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at the St. Charles Hotel in Hudson, NY, to visit friends. The location of this nearly 150 year old unassuming building couldn't be better for visiting the plethora of great local restaurants and eclectic shops! The front desk clerks were very kind and courteous, making me feel welcome and at ease. My room was very clean and comfy. When I returned after a busy morning, housekeeping had the room spic and span again. The continental breakfast has more to offer than many I have seen, and includes some fresh fruit! It is served in a lovely dining area with an ornate tin ceiling and a big window facing the park across the street. It also showcases some very cool, black and white photos of the hotel and town from days gone by. Reading the selections and prices on an old menu on display, from 1933, was also a great treat. All in all, I had a great stay in Hudson, at the St. Charles. A big thank you, to Erin and Ricky for all their help! I will definitely stay there next time I am in Hudson.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The management and people that are running the computer systems in this hotel are HORRIBLE. I was charged for two seperate reservations and the only explanation they could give me when I called was "welll we dont knwo how or why the computer did that". We also experioenced issues while at the hotel and they did not offer any kind of compensation. Breakfast would have been better if I walked out back and picked it up off the ground at a back alley. I would NOT, under any circumstances, EVER stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: NO rooms are prefered
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bethjjcc

Travellers are raving about these Hudson hotels

Torrington, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed at the St. Charles while in Hudson for a family wedding. It is quite basic; an old building in the center of Hudson, very clean and certainly adequate for a short stay. While the building has most probably seen better days, it appears that most of Hudson is in the same state. Having said that, it does have some historic charm. It is centrally located and convenient to the main street in Hudson which has several antique/collectable shops and a number of restaurants. I would not hesitate to stay there again, but would not for a long term stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tom_W1216
Greene, New York, USA
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for the past few weeks as I am from Upstate and am working in Hudson. The rooms are always clean and comfortable, and the hotel staff is top notch and are always pleasant to talk with. Special mention to both Erin and Ricky for making me feel as this is my home away from home, and for understanding the meaning of customer service. (I do have to mention that the 2 negative reviews below are completely unjustified, as I am sure they came from the group that was having a very loud gathering in the hotel last Friday. This group had no respect for any of the hotel guests, or the hotel management, and I commend the hotel staff for dealing with them in a professional manner and taking care of the hotel guests. The group was beyond rude to the guests and the hotel staff and should be ashamed of themselves!)

If you are considering a hotel in Hudson, I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank STEVEN M
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed at St.Charles with family this summer. I would recommend it to other visitors due to, its central location, spick and span rooms, historic importance, professional and friendly staff. The hotel offers all basic amenities to make your stay comfortable. The front desk personnel was very helpful in giving directions and suggestions to hot spots in town.

Room Tip: depends on personal preference.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank rachel h
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed at this location as a last minute option while visiting hudson on a friday night. The hotel is in the center of hudson giving you walking access to major restaurants and antique shops. The staff was nice and accommodating at chaeck in as well as at check out. Though we did have issues with noise due to some party going on in the hotel that night but the management handled it well and we did get a good mightvsleep on a comfortable bed and a nice complimaentary breakfast before we left.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank 365adam
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We arrived at the hotel with some trepidation, as some previous reviews were not flattering. I can assure you that from the moment we entered the hotel, my husband and I were very pleased. The woman at the front desk was warm, gracious and very helpful in orienting us to Hudson. Our room was spotless, and a good size. The bed very sturdy and comfortable. The bathroom and dressing area excellent- great shower and heated light in the shower. We were able to explore Hudson on foot, as the hotel is located within the town, with lots of wonderful restaurants and cafes close by. Not only were we pleased with our accommodations, but the hotel rate was below the average rate of a hotel or bed and breakfast in the town of Hudson.

Room Tip: We did not request any particular room and cannot offer any advice .
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 947Laura
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Best Western New Baltimore Inn
#8 of 17 in Hudson
The Inn At 34
The Inn At 34
#6 of 17 in Hudson

Been to St. Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!