“Nice hotel, great location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hunter
Kaatskill Mountain Club
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hunter
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed here off-season and I would go back in a heart beat. The location is perfect, you're literally a 5 minute walk away from the lifts, hiking and ziplining. There is a pretty decent restaurant inside the hotel. The rooms are spacious and contain not only a large bathroom, but also a couch, fireplace, television, dining table, refridgerator, dish washer and every piece of silverware you could possibly need. I would love to stay there again. The pool was also very warm and a nice size.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 January 2012

We had a great time at this hotel. The room was clean and very spacious. The staff was helpful and friendly. The spa treatments were wonderful. The food was decent but I wish they had room service. We ordered out one night and it took 90 minutes so be forewarned about that during busy weekends. I would definitely recommend this hotel and plan on bringing our family back again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We booked a couples massage at the spa after a day of skiing on New Year's eve. The massage was great. The ladies do an excellent job. When you book a massage you can use the rest of the spa facilities. Once we left the peacefulness of the massage area it was complete chaos. The 2 outdoor hot tubs and pool were like a giant frat party of 40 year olds and kids. The locker rooms were a mess. Wet towels, kids bathing suits and used diapers were tossed everywhere. I don't fully blame management. I think this was more a factor of the sheer volume of customers and their lack of consideration for others. I don't think the hotel was able to keep up. If you don't like the vibe at Hunter Mtn you won't like this hotel. You'll see the same brash skiiers and boarders that almost took you out on the Belt Parkway here. Its not relaxing. Full disclosure, we didn't stay at the hotel. We only used the spa. We have been to the restaurant Van Winkels. They have a good value happy hour and it is much nicer than the main bars at the lodge. Lots of dark wood and details. The hotel, restaurant is all only a few years old and is very nice. I hear that the rooms are very nice too. All the staff we have dealt with are very professional and pleasant.

If you are looking for a relaxing time in the hot tub or sauna after a day of skiing this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank NJswampdragon
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The Kaatskill Mountain Club is a great family hotel in Hunter Mountain. The mountain base location is fantastic. The rooms are great and very spacious. There’s a nice restaurant and a hot water pool that just drives the kids (and adults) insane! The staff is very helpful and understanding! If you’re travelling with your family, try to book a double room, with a bedroom and second connecting room with a full kitchen and sofa beds that can accommodate up to 6 people.
There is a problems and that’s why I’m not giving this hotel the top rating: we’re here for New Year’s week and they just cannot handle a full house! The reservation desk prior to arrival is terrible, they don’t have enough band-width for the wi-fi for all guests, not enough bellboys and etc…
Anyway, this is a great hotel and you and your family will love it!

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BrazilAca
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed at Kaatskill Mtn. Club for our daughters wedding on Columbus Day weekend. The rooms were very nice and the bell staff and housekeeping staff were great. Here's where the but comes in. We had horrible time making and confirming our reservations. We made our reservations well in advance, but we had our reservations confirmed until I sent a harsh e-mail requesting the information. Don't get me wrong this is a gorgeous place, but they really need a lesson in customer service on the reservation end. We have stayed a lot of places and got amazing customer service from places that cost a lot less.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tetrisz54
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We went there for our friends wedding and have to say it was one of the best weddings I have ever been to. The rooms are cozy. We had one with a kitchenette, couch/tv, fireplaces and bed that comes down from the wall. I would of rated it excellent however, the mattress was a double and not as firm as I'd like. You can get a room that is larger with a queen bed that has a seperate room, full kitchen and jacuzzi tub. Our suite just had a a standard shower. The views where stunning with the lift to the base of the mtn right outside our door. The fireplace was nice as it had a setting where you can have it run for 60 min, 120 min, etc and fall asleep to it. I also enjoyed the food at Van Winkles restaurant. I highly recommend this venue if your looking for a place in the mountains to get married, or just a place to escape for the weekend. Very cute town.

Room Tip: Mountain View - amazing scenery!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ar0undth3world
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My wife and I dreamed of a wedding in the Catskills. We found a perfect venue in Boiceville but finding a perfect place for our party for the weekend was arduous to say the least. Then we found Kaatskill Mountain Club. The setting is stunning. Views from the room gorgeous. Staff is young, energetic and helpful. Rooms are not only surprisingly large but many have hot tubs in the bedroom. I not only found this super sexy but i am sure during the winter it is also perfect for a soak after a long day on the mountain. The pool and fitness area great. My favorite part is the fire pit outside next to the bar fully stocked with lumber to burn all nite. Overall, we had a great weekend and would recommend this place to anyone who asks.

Room Tip: during spring, summer and fall make sure to not be on the mountain side so you can enjoy the splendi...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank thebeatpoet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunter
Hotel Vienna
6 mi away
Xenia Resort
Xenia Resort
#2 of 5 in Hunter

Been to Kaatskill Mountain Club? Share your experiences!