All reviewsgazebo roomfire pitb bshunter mountainpool tablegourmet breakfastpancakesfresh fruitfrench toastbeautiful antiquesomeletthoroughly enjoyed our stayold friendsevery guestrave reviewsthe main housemy boyfriend
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Fantastic Inn!
Chuck does a great job making sure you enjoy yourself, and willingly helps with any thing you need.
Rooms are very comfortable.
On days with bad weather - you can feel at home and have enough to do in the Inn.
Chuk - excellent!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Ctomajko, Owner at Fairlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Tal and his son stayed with us for several days and skiied. They were engaging and nice to have around the inn during their visit. We appreciatethis feedback and glad that they enjoyed their time at the Inn and at the Ski Resort. We look forward to their return and hope it is soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Me and my husband stayed at Fairlawn Inn for four nights in late November 2013. I must highlight a number of aspects that made our stay exceptionally positive experience:
The interior of the Inn is an experience in itself, the place is full of character and magic, mirroring the unique tastes of the owner. The rooms are full of paintings statuettes, plants and antique furniture. The living spaces on the ground floor invite you to spend an evening after a busy day by the fire cosied up with a book or playing pool - with complementary bar of light and alcoholic drinks available to
you.
The owner of the inn is a man of multiple talents - he is a warm welcoming host that makes himself available to guests questions and requests, a well of knowledge when it comes to the attractions and restaurants in the area and an amazing cook!
I would recommend Fairlawn Inn to anyone and would definitely come back to visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ctomajko, Owner at Fairlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Tal, Thanks for the compliments, you and your son were a pleasure to host at the inn and I look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We just love going to the Catskills and when we do we stay at the Fairlawn. And this weekend was as good as any the weather was great. Chuck gave us some great suggestions on things to do and places to eat and they were spot on. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013
Ctomajko, Owner at Fairlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Steve and Janet are always a pleasure to have at the inn. They have been coming for many years and now seem more like family. We are glad they enjoy their time here as we enjoy having them. Thanks for another great review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

You won't be sorry booking a stay at Fairlawn Inn Bed and Breakfast and enjoying the hospitality of host Chuck Tomajko. This summer I had occasion to stay here several times. Each of the ten guest rooms is customized with antiques and has its own private bath. The dining room and the billiard room are charming. You will enjoy taking breakfast with the other guests, I know I did. The pumpkin pancakes with walnuts, brown sugar, and whipped cream were my favorite. If you are staying during warm weather, you will enjoy time spent on the spacious verandahs and the hand-built patio with fire pit and perennial beds. Read a novel, play a board game in the sun. If you're not careful with your relaxation, you may forget to take in the attractions of the Catskills. The Hunter Antique Mall across the street is open on Saturdays and Sundays, so reserve some time to shop there as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for covering all the bases on your review Michael. We try to offer a lot of different options for out guests and since I love to cook breakfast is an everyday pleasure. Again thanks for the great feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I needed a weekend away and decided to stay in Hunter, NY close to the zipline adventure course. We very much enjoyed the Fairlawn, and found Chuck to be extremely organized and a wealth of information both before we arrived for trip planning purposes and during our stay.

The inn is a fascinating building (be sure to read its history in the binder in your room). It has been lovingly restored, both inside and out. Guests have the run of all rooms downstairs except the kitchen. The dining room has gorgeous woodwork and a conservatory feel with lots of plants. There is also a pool table and TV lounge. On our Saturday evening, however, most of the guests congregated on the patio by the fire pit and shared bottles of wine. It was a very pleasant group of people.

We stayed in the Gazebo room, which was nice and bright, however being at the front of the house we did hear quite a lot of traffic noise. We were also directly below the innkeeper's rooms, so were aware of him moving around well before breakfast time. Rooms off the back porch would definitely be quieter, but be advised they are quite dark.

Our room had great water pressure, lovely toiletries and a power strip for charging electronics. My only complaints were the weakness of the wi-fi signal, which could barely be found on the main floor and not at all in our room. Also, our room really needed another mirror as the one over the sink in the bathroom was set so high due to the wainscotting that I could not even see in it to do my makeup!

We loved the thrilling Sky Rider zipline course, and enjoyed hiking in North Lake South Lake State Park. We also had an amazing dinner at Bistro Brie & Bordeaux in nearby Windham: delicious, traditional French bistro food at decent prices (reservations essential on the weekend).

Just before writing this review I read what the previous reviewer posted and cannot believe we were at the same inn! I must respectfully disagree with most of his comments.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front are brighter but do get a lot more traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra C
Ctomajko, Owner at Fairlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

What a nice review, again we learn from each one we receive and WIFI is now going to be addressed. I will see what I can do to boost the WIFI reception in the rooms. Sometimes when many people are on at one time it can be a little slow and their room is about as far from the wifi receiver you can get.

I am glad they enjoyed their visit as that is the norm for guests that come to the inn. We do try to provide good information about what to do in the area and the best places to eat before and after arrivals. T

The last five rooms that were darker have not gotten Sola-Tubes which now adds natural daylight to the rooms and takes advantage of the built in LED technology. They light the rooms at night or on a dim day all with very little usage of electricity.

Every room in the house is individually decorated and each has it's own charm. Further from the street or the sunniest room (the Gazebo where they stayed) to each their own. Thanks for a good review and we hope to see you again soon.