“Absolute grandeur!”
Review of Oheka Castle

Oheka Castle
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Beautifully restored Gold Coast mansion in the chateau style. Lovely rooms and spectacular setting for a wedding. We have been to a wedding and two galas at this venue.The formal gardens have been restored, and you can sit on the portico of the terrace and look out over the Cold Spring Country Cub and the harbor in the distance. They have a terrific restaurant & bar that is open to the public, even if you are not staying at the hotel. This is a piece of the Gatsby era that should not be missed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed her for a recent wedding, and were amazed by the location. The rooms are beautiful - some smaller than others, but they are all unique and comfortable. Grounds are great to walk around, the many rooms are fun to explore.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ccbowen
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Service great, gorgeous building, landscape beautiful, amazing rooms for weddings and breakfast was super. Excellent golf course as well.

BUT our room was NOT worth $500/night! It was dark (a few light bulbs were out) and dingy. Hardly plush with the exception of the bedding and bed. Biggest complaint was there was only one sink in our bathroom with no shelves or counter tops to place personal items - we had to put our belongings on the floor! There is no fridge and bring your own corkscrew if you want to have a bottle of wine in your room.

Room Tip: be sure the bathroom has two sinks or at the very least someplace to put your personal items!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a spectacular venue. Rooms are huge, well appointed and immaculate. Locale is perfect. A French Chateau in Long Island.French gardens, fountains, etc. A great golf course adjacent to the property. Not to be missed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles M
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is a really unique hotel and the grounds are beautiful. We really like this place but the rooms, especially the beds are strange. The kings feel as if they have a bar or something running down the middle of them. Some of the rooms are mildly tattered and one bathroom is all sea green. I mean ALL green. There is different building materials throughout almost as if the proprietor had left over construction materials from other construction projects. The restaurant is good and the service excellent (except for the car parks). If I were back in the 70's I'd say "This place is a trip." It really is.

Room Tip: The rooms have odd shapes probably because of the renovation. Get one with large windows on the top...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RDo_11
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have lived in Long Island since I was 6 years old. I had "heard" about this Castle in Long Island in recent years and always said I wanted to stay. Well that day had come last week. I had booked this room last year September because in the month of May they have deals for rooms. Well, I was not disappointed. When I arrived I was in AMAZEMENT, it was like you were in a different Country. The entrance is out of a fantasy land. Check in was smooth. Cobblestone hard to walk in with heels on but who cared you were at a Castle - HELLO! Wedding for someone was about to start and that was fine other than the room being a bit noisy with the Reception but I mentioned that to the front desk and BOOM the Manager came to our room and switched it within minutes, can you say Customer Service - wow! The rooms were plush and beautiful. Ernie at the restaurant was wonderful and personable, perfect job for him. Hyacinth the Day Manager and Jamie were SUPER. My boyfriend and I met the daughter of the Owner. Her name is Kelly. She was so kind and patience, no question was too much. My boyfriend and I actually saw her wiping up something off the floor and that actually impressed us because hey her Dad owned this place and she could have said "Hey maintenance come clean this up" but that shows you the type of stature this young Woman was, nothing was to small for her to do. We met the owner Gary and he is one of the most humble Men I have ever met. Thanked us for coming and even signed my Oheka book and took pictures with my Boyfriend during the tour. I could have not asked for a better time. Thank you for making my night and day special, I will never forget the most classy Castle and staff in the WORLD! :)

Room Tip: Stay on the 4th floor if possible. Because if there is a Wedding Reception you will hear a lot of pa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IPraise2
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Personally, I had never stayed in a castle before, but I could really get used to it. What an amazing place! My wife surprised me with a wonderful birthday weekend and what a great present it proved to be. The rooms are amazing, the interior regal and the grounds are magnificent. Dinner was perfect in the dining room, the food well prepared and delicious. The owner, Gary Melius, stopped by at dinner to be sure our stay was going well and wish me a happy birthday. The entire atmosphere is nothing like you've ever seen, much less been an overnight guest. Even the breakfast was special. Be sure to take the castle tour and check out the pictures to see who's been married there and stayed in each room. It's quite the place.

Room Tip: It would be hard to decide which room is best, visit the website to see how each one is unique.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jamesnaylorjr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel

Been to Oheka Castle? Share your experiences!