“The Best Lamb Chops I have ever eaten”

Kabul Restaurant Afghani Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Kabul Restaurant Afghani Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 231 Restaurants in Huntington
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Afghani
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The food at our restaurant is as authentic as home cooking can get, as if prepared from the fingers of my mother and grandmother which is not only a privilege but the highest degree of gratification. We approach every dish prepared as if we are catering to ourselves and believe you me when I say that I don’t settle for anything less than perfection and consistency when it comes to eating. That is exactly how we operate and have operated for nearly two decades with perfection and consistency. Nothing heavily seasoned, nothing heavily spiced, nothing overly done. We want you to enjoy the food just as much after you leave our restaurant. We have a large variety of selections on our menu for vegetarians to meat lovers. Anyone and everyone will enjoy our menu; we cater to all, from any age demographic to the most difficult food ventures appetites.
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Kabul is a family owned, family staffed restaurant located in an unpretentious strip mall on a major thoroughfare. That said, the decor is charming and the food is absolutely fantastic. The menu is replete with excellent choices, but I keep returning to the lamb chops. Served with a deliciously spiced rice (carrots and raisins added at $2.00 extra), salad, and pita, this makes a memorable meal. Vegetables are a la carte - the pumpkin and the spinach are particularly good. If you still have room (the portion is large) desserts are available and the baklava is excellent. To top it off, I can finish my meal with excellent Turkish coffee. What a treat!!!!

There are newer reviews for Kabul Restaurant Afghani Cuisine

Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

Just returned home from a delicious meal. Had the kebabs and they were very tasty. If you go you must try the roasted pumpkin! It is exceptional. Can't wait to return And try something new from their Interesting menu.

1  Thank dm3880
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I eat at Kabul Restaurant every time I visit my in-laws. It's worth the trip. The menu is varied enough that I never have to worry about getting bored with the selection. (I could visit much more frequently and still say that!) Food is great from appetizers to main courses. Wish I ever had enough appetite for dessert, but the servings are generously sized and I think I've yet to order. If you're there on a Friday night you may get to see a live belly dancer -- and she may invite you to join in and give you a free lesson.

The place has grown crowded, which is deserved, so be sure to make a reservation on a weekend night. Ask for the seasoned rice (with carrots and spices) if it doesn't come with your dish.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

We went to Kabul yesterday for dinner. The appetizers and entrees were delicious! The place is cute but very small. The waitress was very inattentive. She kept us waiting for the check for about 15-20 minutes while she talked on the telephone.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

My wife and I love Kabul. The service and setting is great. The owner is usually the main host. He is scary and nice at the same time. He is like a man of mystery. He is originally from Afghanistan. The music is different and enjoyable. My wife asked where she could buy this type of music and the owner ended up selling us a great cd. The food is simply delicious. I always get the beef shish kabob. The rice with carrots and raisins is so so good; you have to try it. The appetizers are great too. The belly dancing on Friday nights is really authentic and sexy. I highly recommend this restaurant. Any time we have friends come and visit us, we always take them to Kabul. Make reservations for Friday and Saturday nights because the place fills up.

2  Thank RichardSlesinski