“Also good”

Zaro's Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Zaro’s cafe has consistently good food food and welcoming staff. Prices are moderate, and restaurant.com discounts are available.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We're regulars, mostly for take-out pizza. I took my nephew there for lunch and he went nuts for their soup. Zaros take a lot of pride in their food. Ask and they may bend your ear a bit. LOL. Lovely, warm people. The evidence is everywhere and certainly in the food.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Haven't been there in years. We wanted Greek food and didn't want to drive around. We tried Zaro's and really enjoyed the food. Well prepared and actually like it so much that we had it again.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 15 July 2017

After a 10 day summer vacation Zaro's re-opened on Tues. 7-11, and we couldn't be happier. We actually went there Mon. nite and were bummed to find the still unwinding. But Tues was a great day to begin,all the food was totally fresh as proved by our choice of appetizer-mussels in white wine. Full juicy plump,perfectly cooked with just a hint of basil/ anise and were extremely generous with the amount of these delicious mollusks,more than enough for 2-3 people. We had the chicken rolled in spinach and ricotta and the veal w/ham added to my spinach/ricotta.Both came w/ side of veggie or pasta as we tried them both and again servings were more than ample. Finished off with Amaritta nut covered ice cream drizzled w/chocolate was perfect and all at very reasonably priced at just over $50 inc. 1 glass of white zinf. for the wife. Whats not to love.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 25 March 2017

This old standby has quite an extensive menu fluctuating between Greek and Italian. We went early, so tables nearly empty. Seemed the take-out bus was doing as good as ever. The staff was very friendly, local and attentive. Although I must say, I was disappointed when my heart was set on ordering Moussaka,and was told that it wasn't available that day. So I asked for Pastitsio instead to which the reply was "sorry, we don't have that either". Something about deliveries etc. so I ordered a pastas/chicken dish which was just average. My husband had a stuffed boneless chicken breast with spinach and feta which he seemed to enjoy. Portions were very generous and the greek salad (which they gave me at no charge) was very fresh and tasty.

All in all, this little strip mall restaurant has maintained its sense of good neighborhood food and good value for your money.

Date of visit: March 2017